Where's my sister?

Chapter 14

*******************************

Do you ever think about how different your life would be, if you lost the people that meant the most to you? My thoughts were consuming me at this point. I feel as though the lives of the people closest to me and my own are so delicate now, they could break with one touch. I was so close to losing Lydia the night she got attacked by Peter, and everybody else was in danger along with it. Who would have known that one little stupid trip into the woods of Beacon Hills would change everything forever.

I was almost positive I was going to lose Lydia that night, but now she was back to her normal self, just sore. Not long after Peter was killed, Stiles and Scott came to the hospital with me to check on Lydia. They say if the bite doesn't kill you then you turn into a werewolf, but with Lydia the bite did neither. She was healing, but not at the speed that Scott did. If she wasn't a werewolf, than what is she?

"I need a shower if I don't get one, I'm going to scream." Lydia complained.

"Then take one?" I chuckled. "Is it okay if I go grab a snack real quick?"

She rolled her eyes, "Auttie, I am perfectly fine okay? I'll just be in the shower."

"Okay but if you need me just yell okay?" I said, she nodded and made her way to the bathroom.

As I walked outside I found my father standing next to the door talking to Mama McCall, both staring at Stiles who was sleeping on the chairs in the hallway. I slowly walked up to him and crouched down so I was at his level.

"Stiles" I whispered.

He started making kissy faces and let out a small moan. I covered my mouth trying to hold in my laughter. "You first, Oh.....Me first? Okay" He made another kissy face. "You're dirty." I couldn't hold in the laughter anymore and I ended up waking him up causing his body to fly off the chairs onto the floor. This only caused me to laugh even harder. The glare I was receiving from him would normally scare me but in this situation it just made things better.

"Why are you laughing so hard?"

"Oh no reason...." I said smirking. "Look I am starving, come get a snack with me?"

He slowly got up from the ground, "Sure."

We strolled down the hallway to the nearest vending machine, I quickly slipped my dollar in and chose a bag of chips and a Hershey bar.

"I swear I haven't had anything but vending machine food for the past few weeks." I said as Stiles slipped his dollar in.

"Well, we could go get some dinner together?" He said turning towards me. I could feel the blush start to form on my cheeks, and I quickly looked down.

"Maybe, I'll have to see if my mom is coming to sit with Lydia." I looked back up and he was nodding to himself trying to figure out what to pick.

"How about some M&M's?" I suggested.

He turned around and smiled super big at me. "You know me so well."

I laughed as he punched in the code for the candy. It slowly started to move and just as it was about to fall the candy got caught on the edge.

"You've got to be kidding me." he mumbled. He started pressing the buttons and hitting the glass. When that didn't work he grabbed the top of the machine and started violently shaking it.

"uh....Stiles this may not be a very good idea.."

He didn't listen and before I knew it we were running out of the way as the Machine tipped forward crashing to the ground. The sound of shattering glass echoed through the hall, and pieces flew everywhere.