Saving the Alpha

Chapter Twenty

****

I was sat down on the bleachers right behind the bench, while Allison sat next to Gerard. This game was like watching a train wreck. I don't think I have ever witnessed Beacon Hills losing so badly, and the game just started.

"Come on! Is that thing even a teenager? I wanna see a birth certificate!" Coach Finstock yelled from the sidelines. I watched as he walked over towards Stiles who was of course sitting on the bench. "Who or what is that genetic experiment gone wrong?"

Stiles let out a heavy sigh, "Eddie Abramovitz, Coach, they call him The Abomination..."

"Oh, that's cute..." Coach said sarcastically, before he went back to pacing.

I cringed as another one of our players plummeted to the ground, the sound of a bone breaking was extremely noticeable. I turned slightly in my seat to take a small look towards Allison, trying not to make it too noticeable. As I snatched my peek Allison had Gerard's jacket on, which meant she had ahold of the keys. The plan was now in action.

I stood up from my place on the bleachers and leaned towards Stiles, "She's ready. Meet me behind the bleachers in like one minute." I whispered, and he nodded in response.

I made my way over to the side of the bleachers where Allison was sitting. Casually walking past I held out my hand and the keys made their way perfectly to me. I smiled to myself, confident that this plan was going to work.

"Alright you ready?" Stiles said as he approached me.

I nodded, "Yeah, let's go."

We began walking hand in hand towards the school, cutting through the parking lot for a shortcut. As we mazed through the cars I noticed the lights in Lydia's car were on, and then the strawberry blonde hair came into sight.

I dragged Stiles with me and immediately noticed the tears streaming down her face. "Lydia?"

She didn't say anything back, just rolled her window up. "Lydia, come on. Stop. What's wrong? What happened?"

"Just go way."

"No what's wrong?"

She put her head in her hands, "I don't need anyone seeing me cry."

I sighed and turned towards Stiles. "How about you get a head start on the book, and I'll figure out what's going on with her?"

"Yeah, of course." He nodded, and placed a small kiss on my cheek before heading towards the school.

I walked to the other side of Lydia's car and got close to the window. "Let me in now?"

She didn't look at me but I could hear the clicking noise of the door unlocking from the outside, so I climbed in shutting the door behind me.

"So....are you going to talk to me, or are we just going to sit here in silence?" I asked facing my sister.

She shifted in her seat, "How have you kept yourself together with everything that's been going on? Mom and Dad, my accident, and me disappearing...I look at you and you're so strong, always keeping your chin up. I can't anymore, I'm breaking."

"Lydia....you have been through so much more than me. You're the strong one."

"Autumn, I have no idea what's going on with me. I wondered around the woods for two days and can't remember a thing, I punched my mirror in my sleep, and I see things that aren't really there. I'm scared Autumn, I don't know what's happening. I-I feel like I'm losing my mind....I don't feel strong anymore. And aside from what is going on with me physically, look at everything else going on. First I lose dad, then I lose Jackson. Who's next...you? Mom? Cause so far I have a pretty good streak going of losing everybody I love." She said as tears ran down her cheeks.