Chapter 27

~Flashback:A Few Minutes after Takemichi's arrest~
"Am I doing the right thing, Naoto?"

Izayoi was seen standing outside of the police department as he was smoking a cigarette. Takemichi was inside as Naoto was preparing to tell him everything that happened. Naoto soon turned to Izayoi.

"Heiwajima-kun. I told you about Takemichi's secret because I trust you. You don't agree with how Toman is now and you were against my sister getting killed. That's why I told you about Takemichi's time travel. Because we need a strong man like you. Someone strong enough to betray someone for one moment for the greater good."

"I see. Ya know, Izaya told me about it. The video of Takemichi. He gave the order for Atsushi Sendo (Akkun) to kill someone apparently against Toman. When he found out who was the victim, he cursed up Kisaki's name so much that it was crazy. That's when I realized. The reason Chifuyu didn't reveal the evidence. It was to protect Takemichi. Naoto....i'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"You lost your sister, who was a close friend of mine. It hurts knowing I couldn't save her. But what's even worse.....is that the group my brother hoped to lead to a new era did this. This hurts...this hurts so much. What did I do wrong? Why couldn't I save him or Hina? I'm sorry Naoto, I know you hate him but...the thought of Mikey being alone, the thought that killing him might solve some of this. I can't handle it. I don't want to lose Mikey. I don't want to lose the only family I have left. So please....promise me this. If I help you to save Hina...then please....HELP ME SAVE MY BROTHER AND HIS DREAM!"

Naoto placed a hand on Izayoi's shoulder. Despite his resolve, despite his strength, Heiwajima Izayoi was still human. Though he'll act for the greater good, it still hurts him to go through with some of his actions. As Naoto walked into the building to show Takemichi the evidence Chifuyu left behind, Izayoi thought to himself.

"I'm betting it all on you. I'm counting on you, crybaby hero."

~Flashback ends~

"Takemichi

"Takemichi. This video is proof. Chifuyu Matsuno kept it hidden to shield you."

Naoto was showing the evidence Chifuyu had to Takemichi. A video of Takemichi dishing out the order that Kisaki commanded. As Takemichi saw this video, that horrible memory played in his mind. The memory of Akkun slamming a car against the one Hina was in. The image of Hina being caught in the explosion of the vehicles as she lost her legs. Takemichi fell onto his knees as tears escaped from his eyes. A look of despair on his face.