Chapter 50

"Heiwajima-kun!!!"

Takemichi screamed out as he saw Izayoi standing in between him and Kisaki as he took a bullet to his chest. Just as Kisaki was prepared to shoot him again, Izayoi suddenly lunged towards Kisaki and slams his right fist into Kisaki's face as he sent the man flying backwards and made him land on his back.

"Heiwajima-kun, don't move around too much! We gotta stop the blee-"

"You still have something to do. Isn't that right, Takemichi?"

Izayoi began to cough up blood as he asked Takemichi that question. However, before Takemichi could respond, Izayoi quickly pushed him out of the way as he caught a crowbar in his hand while he looked at the man who tried to bash Takemichi's head.

"Even now, you're still a pain in the ass, Heiwajima."

"Can't you see we're having an important chat.....get lost, Hanma!"

As Izayoi said this, he pulled Hanma towards him and slams his knee into the man's stomach. Shortly afterwards, he grabs Hanma by his head and slams him to the ground. However, as he did this, his vision was starting to get blurry as he started losing more blood.

"I'm sorry, Takemichi. You had your own problems and yet I selfishly asked you to help me and just added on more problems.... didn't I....."

"STOP TALKING, HEIWAJIMA-KUN! NAOTO, WE HAVE TO GET HIM TO A HOSPITA-"

Before Takemichi could finish his sentence, Izayoi pushed him away as he grabbed a hold of a pipe that was aimed for Takemichi again. This time, when Izayoi looked at the culprit who did it, both of their eyes widen in shock.

"Why....why are you defending him, Izayoi!!!"

"Heh, don't act like you're dishing out justice after what you did, Izana."

Just as Izayoi said this, he saw Naoto grab Takemichi and run away from the scene. Izayoi smiled as he slowly stood back up and more blood escaped from his mouth. As his vision was getting more and more blurry, he felt his body getting cold as he thought to himself.

"Draken died. Mitsuya died. All of the former captains and vice captains died. Emma died. Even the woman I loved most and my own brother died. I thought the moment I died, I would be full of despair....but......."

"Don't think you're getting off scott free, Heiwajima Izayoi."

Just as he said this, Kisaki fired three bullets into Izayoi's chest. As the man fell to the ground and landed on his back, he felt a puddle of his own blood beneath him as he could barely hold on to his life. However, one thing played in his mind as he was slowly fading away.

"Heiwajima-kun, don't move around too much!"

"Takemichi......i'm glad at least one person cried for me in my final moments. Thank you, Hanagaki Takemichi. Thank you for sending me off like a friend. I'm glad that you kept me....from dying like a dog."

"Any last words, Izayoi?"

The moment Kisaki asked this, he put the barrel of his gun towards Izayoi's head. Soon, Izayoi smirked as he merely spat in Kisaki's face. With a smirk on his face, Izayoi said one thing before Kisaki pulled the trigger.

"I believe......in our Crybaby Hero."

A gunshot echoes throughout the area. As a puddle of blood was forming underneath him, Heiwajima Izayoi was dead. However, even in his final moments, he died as he lived. Spitting in the face of danger and moving ever forward. Now, all his hopes and beliefs, were trusted to his hero.

~With Takemichi~
"Naoto, we have to go back!!!!"

After catching their breath from escaping Izana and Kisaki, Takemichi wanted to go back and help Izayoi. Izayoi was always there to help him out when he needed him most, and here Takemichi was, not being able to help in the slightest.

"Hurry, Naoto!!! Even Hei-"

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND, HANAGAKI TAKEMICHI! Listen, I know you want to go back and help him, but he risked his life just so we could be safe and sound. If we go back there, it would practically make his efforts worthless and we would be betraying his trust. Besides, you know him better than I do, what would he say right now."

Takemichi took a deep breath and thought about what Izayoi might say. Knowing him, he would tell Takemichi not to worry about it and trust him. Naoto smiled as he saw Takemichi was finally calming down. However, the moment this happened, both Takemichi and himself heard a voice call out to them.

"Sorry, but I can't have you travelling back to the past."

Just as Naoto turned around, he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen as a hooded figure stabbed him with a switchblade in hand. After stabbing the cop, the hooded figure kicked Naoto to the ground and ran straight for Takemichi. Just as soon as Takemichi was starting to run, he felt his right arm getting grabbed as he was being pulled in.

"Who are you?!"

"No one special. I'm just like you, Hanagaki Takemichi."

As the hooded figure said this, he stabs Takemichi in the chest and then shortly afterwards, he stabbed him in his stomach as he proceeds to throw him on the ground next to Naoto. While the hooded figure walked away, Takemichi was screaming in pain as tears were welling up in his eyes.

"Naoto....I'm sorry."

"Takemichi, when I first found you in the future timeline, you had me really depressed."

"Huh, what are you saying all of a sudden?"

"I thought to myself if a pathetic wimp could really commit to all this. How could my sister fall in love with such a person? It's weird, no matter how much you failed, you always came back to me. Now that I think about it, that's exactly how a hero would act. You've never given up. Takemichi....you are my pride."

Soon Naoto began to cough up blood as his vision began to get blurry. As Takemichi looked towards Naoto, he saw the man reaching out his right hand towards him. Tears were welling up in Naoto's eyes as he tried his hardest to reach Takemichi.

"Dying sure is scary, Takemichi."

As Takemichi grabbed Naoto's hand and was going back to the past, the hooded figure could be heard chuckling to themselves

As Takemichi grabbed Naoto's hand and was going back to the past, the hooded figure could be heard chuckling to themselves. When they took off their hood, the young man soon began to walk away as he had one thing on his mind.

"Well then, I'll see you in the past, hero."