09: ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ꜱᴜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴇᴍᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʀᴇꜰᴜɴᴅ

𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚖 𝚒𝚒 𝙽𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚒 𝙼𝙼𝚇𝚇 𝙰.𝙳.
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜
𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚊 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

"The kidnapping?" Cassiopeia asked. "What kidnapping? We didn't kidnap any of these people! We don't even know them!"

"Yeah, well maybe you didn't," Asmara shot back. "But we know someone who did."

At this, all the Zodiac Guardians turned around to stare at Ophiuchus, who gave the governors a sheepish grin before saying, "Now, now, that's enough. I may have used slightly unethical methods to get you all here, but that doesn't mean you should take your anger out on these lovely people–"

"UNETHICAL METHODS?!" All of the Zodiac Guardians shouted at once.

"Guys, please, we're here for a professional meeting with the governors of the districts, please try not to make yourselves look bad." Ophiuchus whispered to them.

"We don't care about our social reputation here," said Cristian innocently. "We just care about getting the heck out of here."

This statement made both Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, who were both arguing in a corner, both raise an eyebrow at the Zodiac Guardians.

"What do you mean you want to get out of here?" Ursa Major asked.

Ursa Minor nodded in agreement. "As much as I'd hate to agree with my stupid brother, he's right."

"I second that." added Orion, earning a slight glare from Lupus. "Being a Zodiac Guardian is an honour."

"So who's gonna tell him the truth?" Tanner whispered to the rest of the Zodiac Guardians.

Delphinus eyes the Zodiac Guardians curiously. "Well, the president did say this century's case was different. Perhaps it could be that."

"I'm a little curious though." Lupus said. "Do they still have powers? And how did they get here from Terra?"

"You'll never guess how." Sienna remarked sarcastically, rolling her eyes as she did and shooting a sharp glare at Ophiuchus.

At the word "Terra", Caelum promptly started asking a list of questions to the Zodiac Guardians.

"Where'd you all come from? What's Terra like? Is it true that your planet is going to die in the next eight billion years? What are blue whales? What is this creature you have with you? (He pointed at Adnan.) Why is global warming a thing? What are your neighboring planets? And most importantly, what's this 'crown infestation' I've been told about by the Terranologists?"

The Zodiac Guardians were unable to utter a word. All they could do was stare into Caelum's star-filled eyes as he awaited answers.

"Goodness sake, Mr Caelum, calm down!" Pavo chided him. "You don't have to scare them on their first day, what is wrong with you?"

Quinn let out a sigh. "Allow me to explain."

"Yes, Quinn, do us justice!" Cassie cheered them on.

Quinn cleared their throats. "This is approximately what happened. On the merry day of January 1st, 2020, I was chilling at home, reading a book. I don't know what everyone else was doing, but that's just me. Then all of a sudden, Ophiuchus comes along with his little white van and tells me to get in because he's taking me to school. In the middle of winter break!"