03: ᴢᴏᴅɪᴀᴄ... ᴡʜᴀᴛ?

𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚖 𝚒𝚒𝚒 𝙽𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚒 𝙼𝙼𝚇𝚇 𝙰.𝙳.
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜
𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚊 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

Kynigòs, Ru, and Ophiuchus led the thirteen teenagers down a corridor. As the teenagers followed, they talked amongst themselves.

"I don' think that this 's a very good idea." Aidan commented.

Asmara nodded in agreement. "This is obviously a trap."

Her twin brother Kurtis looked around at large paintings hanging on the marble walls of the headquarters. "I don't like the feeling of this."

"Same here." Cristian agreed, glancing at the paintings. "These paintings are rather creepy."

Ophiuchus had overheard this. "These paintings are of the previous presidents and vice presidents of the Galactic Heavens. I heard a rumour when I first came here that they stare at you as you walk by, but it's really just a rumour. I was a bit freaked out, though."

This made the rest of the group pick up their pace.

Adnan the raccoon had been let down to roam around. Surprisingly, instead of running off, he stuck with the group, trotting beside Colt.

When Colt saw this, he sighed. "Move along, trash cat, I don't have anythin' to say to you."

Despite that, Adnan didn't move away. He looked up at Colt with his beady eyes. Colt stepped a few inches away from the raccoon in response.

Finally, the group reached the end of a corridor, where an elevator was waiting for them.

Ru pressed a button which lead the elevator doors to open. "We'll go to a conference room on the third floor to discuss what's going on."

She, Kynigòs, and Ophiuchus stepped inside. The other teenagers, however, hesitated.

"This is... sketchy." Remily remarked before stepping inside first. Others followed.

The only one outside the elevator now was Alexei, who was glancing at the elevator nervously. His face was a pale white.

"Alexei, is something wrong?" Tanner asked him.

"Oh, no, it's just..." Alexei replied before taking a small step away from the elevator. "I think I vill stay here on ground floor. Yes, ground floor is safe."

As he was about to take another step away from the elevator, Cassie reached out her hand and grabbed Alexei by the arm.

"Nonsense, come on!" She said, pulling Alexei inside the elevator just as the elevator doors closed. She then added in a deep whisper, "Although I do think that the ground floor is probably safer."

The group stood in the elevator in silence, waiting until the screen beside the doors of the elevator showed that they had reached the third floor.

Ding! The doors opened slowly, revealing another corridor beyond them.

Alexei rushed out first, followed by Colt, who was desperately trying to get away from Adnan. Aidan, who was now carrying Adnan, walked out next, engaging in a conversation with Asmara and Kurtis. One by one, the others left the elevator.