14: ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ꜱᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ꜱᴋɪʟʟꜱ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴜꜱᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ

𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚖 𝙽𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚒 𝙼𝙼𝚇𝚇 𝙰.𝙳.
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜
𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚊 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

"Good morning, everybody!" Ophiuchus' cheerful voice rang as he began his morning announcement.

The Zodiac Guardians sighed, and sent each other looks that read "oh boy, here we go again".

"It's the Nones today, the fifth day of a new year," Ophiuchus continued. "The fifth day of a very special year, in fact. Today will be the day that our new Zodiac Guardians give their speeches to all the citizens of the Galactic Heavens, promising to protect the land and ensuring that it forever stays in an era of peace and prosperity."

This caused Colt to abruptly spit out part of his drink. "Our WHAT now?"

Adnan's ears perked up slightly, as if he somehow was also scared of the speech.

"I remember them saying this," Quinn shook their head sadly. "The dreaded Zodiac Guardian speeches."

"I'm alright with talking to people, but I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous." Clio admitted. "What are we going to say?"

"I never thought we'd have t' become big important people 'f some faraway space land," Aidan added.

Shelly nodded in agreement. "Oh non, I just realised. When ze time comes and if we mess up our speeches, we'll-"

"Ve'll be doomed," Alexei finished her sentence. "Ze citizens won't like us, and ve'll have to deal with that."

"And we'll be hated political figures for as long as we live!" Cassie concluded. "Man, I so wish I was at home now."

"Wait, but if they don't like us-" Cristian pointed out. "Maybe that Galaxy Orb thing will decide that, 'hey, these Earth people definitely don't know what they're doing, maybe they aren't fit to be the Zodiac Guardians'-"

"-And there might be a chance they'll send us back home?" asked Tanner.

"Honestly, there's more of a chance that they'll execute us or something," said Kurtis.

"Yeah," Asmara agreed. "You'll never know what people do when they don't like what they see."

Sienna took another bite out of her breakfast. "Any way we can just hop on a spaceship and nope the hell out of here?"

Remily shook her head. "Not that we know of. I mean, we tried asking Lupus, who told us to ask Ophiuchus, who's not here as of now and is probably going to expect us to deliver some very good speeches."

"Ah yes, Ophiuchus," Quinn said. "If I remember correctly, he seemed very nervous when we tried to ask him questions."

"Very suspicious," Clio noted. "I don't mean to speak badly about people, but everyone did as well. As if they're trying to play a very long game of telephone to mess us up."

"Well, I mean," Colt started, unsure of what to say. "Most of the citizens don't know we're the Zodiac Guardians. 's that a good thing?"