04: ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴏꜰ

𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚖 𝚒𝚒𝚒 𝙽𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚒 𝙼𝙼𝚇𝚇 𝙰.𝙳.
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜
𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚊 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

A guard stood at the entrance to the room on the ground floor, holding his spear in front of the door.

Most of his face was hidden by his helmet, but you could see his eyes, one byzantium purple and the other emerald green.

The president had trusted him to guard this door. He knew the importance of his job. After all, this was the room that was housing the one and only Galaxy Orb, how could it not be important?

His moment of peace was interrupted by the sound of loud chatter, specifically the ranting of a rather pissed off African-American.

"I don't get it!" Quinn said, throwing their hands up in the air. "How are we supposed to believe that all of this is real? I mean, do we even have special powers or anything?"

Aidan shrugged. "I dunno. I mean, there w's this on' time that I accidentally burned a man's wrist."

"I've thrown a few things across rooms with my mind." Asmara added.

"I made some tomato plants burst once." Cassie admitted. "In my defense, I didn't know what was happening at the time."

"Okay, so I can hold my breath underwater for fifteen minutes, what's the big deal?" asked Quinn angrily. "Besides, it's not like I could've caused that huge wave afterwards!"

Tanner stopped walking to look at Quinn. "You held your breath underwater for fifteen minutes? How did you not die?"

"I don't know, okay?" Quinn replied. "I've probably been making everything up since that day. Someone pinch me to make me wake up."

At this, Colt walked over to Quinn and gave them a hard pinch in the arm.

Surprisingly, they didn't flinch, instead simply blinking once before heaving an exasperated sigh. "Oh come on! I'm sure that my mind is just making this up!"

"Maybe everything here is just one of my lucid images." Sienna piped up. "Although I don't think my hands can pass through the walls." She tried sticking her hand through one of the walls, only to find that the walls were, indeed, very much solid. "Hm."

"Is the raccoon a lucid image as well?" asked Colt hopefully.

Sienna looked down at Adnan the raccoon, who, at the moment, was looking up at the paintings on the walls as he walked beside her. Picking Adnan up, she turned to face Colt and confirmed, "Unfortunately for you, the raccoon is very much solid."

"Why do you hate raccoons so much anyways?" Kurtis asked Colt.

He could tell from the look on Colt's face that he had made a mistake.

Alexei turned to Kurtis and heaved a sigh. "Vhy did you have to ask zat?"

"What do you mean 'why do I hate raccoons so much'? I think the real question here is why don't YOU hate raccoons!" Colt started.

"Didn't he make the same monologue when we were back in the van-shuttle thing?" Cristian asked.

Shelly shrugged. "I 'onestly don't remember."

Colt ignored their comments. "Raccoons are evil! They have no respect for people's personal space at all! Trust me, there are countless times when raccoons have broken into my house, sometimes to eat trash, sometimes to steal my stuff-"