13: ᴀ ᴍᴏᴛʜ ᴅʀᴀᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ꜰʟᴀᴍᴇ

𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚖 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚎 𝙽𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚒 𝙼𝙼𝚇𝚇 𝙰.𝙳.
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜
𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚊 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

The truth does hurt, after all.

"Once upon a time, there was a district called the Zodiaxia District. In the district was its flourishing capital city, known to many now as the Lost City of Zodi. This city was-"

The truth does hurt, after all.

"Once upon a time, there was a district called the Zodiaxia District. In the district was its flourishing capital city, known to many as the Lost-"

The truth does hurt, after all.

"Once upon a time, there was a district called the Zodiaxia District. In the district was-"

The truth does hurt, after all.

"Once upon a time, there was a district called-"

THE TRUTH-

"Oh for the love of the stars and all things celestial!" Ophiuchus sighed, wrapping his head with his arms as he rested his head on the book he was reading.

"The Myth of the Lost City of Zodi" was a book that Ophiuchus held very dearly to his heart. Out of the many books in his room that he had read over and over again, this was the book that had the most significance to him.

Yet every time he began to read it, the words of Lupus, the Governor of the Herculesia District, rang endlessly in his head, like the chime of a never ending bell.

"The truth doesn't hurt." He told himself sternly. "The truth doesn't hurt. The truth doesn't hurt. I don't even know what the truth is."

Ophiuchus sat on the edge of his bed, tracing the big letters on the cover of the book as he gazed down at it.

"What am I doing wrong?" He asked himself sadly.

The door suddenly swung open. Out of shock, Ophiuchus threw the book he held under his bed, hiding his hands behind his back as the person at the door stepped in.

"Ophiuchus, are you still here?" asked Ru, standing at the doorway.

"I am, Ma'am." Ophiuchus replied hastily, hoping that she hadn't heard anything that he had said or done. "I was... I was just finishing up some reports."

"Isn't today your break day?" Ru raised an eyebrow at him. "There's no need for you to be pushing yourself too hard with your work, you know."

"I know, I know," said Ophiuchus as Ru walked closer to him, closing the door behind her. "It's just that I was hoping to finish the work today."

Ru took a seat next to Ophiuchus, noting his melancholy expression. "Are you sure that's all there is to it?"

"Yep, absolutely." Ophiuchus responded, warily noticing her concerned glance.