08: ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴏʀꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄʀᴀᴄᴋʜᴇᴀᴅꜱ

𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚖 𝚒𝚒 𝙽𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚒 𝙼𝙼𝚇𝚇 𝙰.𝙳.
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜
𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚊 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

As the Zodiac Guardians made their way down to the dining hall, the lights went out.

Quinn was the first to react. Nearly jumping up in mid-air, they asked, "Woah, do you guys have a light problem or something?!"

Ru, who was walking with them, answered, "No, I guess it's just Ophiuchus. He probably fell asleep again."

"Wasn't he awake to make that announcement a few minutes ago?" asked Cristian.

Ru nodded. "The poor boy works until 1am every day. The lights usually go out at 1am or later, which is when he usually falls asleep."

"That explains why th' lights were still on when I went over t' Alexei's room at around midnight." Aidan remarked.

"What were you even doing over at Alexei's room at midnight?" Ru questioned him.

The rest of the Zodiac Guardians promptly took a moment to eye each other. Deciding not to tell Ru about their escape plan, they all said, "Nothing special" at the same time.

Ru eyed the Zodiac Guardians suspiciously, in a way that they hadn't seen her look at someone in before. It was as if she knew that they were lying, however she seemed to stop thinking about it two seconds later. Instead of walking into the dining hall, she took a sharp left turn and went down another corridor.

Being curious, as well as not wanting to lose their guide, the Zodiac Guardians followed.

"Mrs Ru," Clio asked politely. "I thought we were going to the dining hall."

"We were." Ru replied. "But seeing as being in the dark is a bit inconvenient, we'll have to fix that."

She led the Zodiac Guardians down several corridors, and they were met with a large set of doors, with elegant engravings engraved into it. It was very similar to the room which held the Galaxy Orb, only that the engravings were different. In the middle of the door was an engraving that looked like some diamond shaped crest with four individual diamonds in it.

Cassie examined the door. "Cool door." She commented casually.

Ru stepped forwards to the door, tracing her hand over the crest in the middle while muttering words to herself. "Up, up, down, down, left, left, right, right, down, down, left." She muttered softly as she pressed the corresponding diamonds in the crest.

"Is this some kind of code?" Colt asked, tilting his head slightly in confusion.

As Ru stepped back, the doors magically opened to reveal a metal door, which slide aside to reveal another elevator.

A frustrated groan was heard at the back of the room. "Not another нелепый elevator." Alexei groaned.

Adnan, who was at his feet, seemed to nod in agreement.

"It'll be fine." assured Tanner, patting Alexei on the back before entering the elevator with Ru.

One by one, the others started to enter. Alexei, seeing that everyone else was inside, finally stepped inside the elevator while slightly regretting his decision to do so.