06: ᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ

𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚖 𝚒𝚒𝚒 𝙽𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚒 𝙼𝙼𝚇𝚇 𝙰.𝙳.
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜
𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚊 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

"So, how'd it go?" Ophiuchus asked casually.

The thirteen Zodiac Guardians and Ophiuchus sat around a long rectangular table with food on it. Around them in the dining hall were similar rectangular tables that also had plates of food on it. Sitting around those tables were some guards that the Zodiac Guardians had seen around the Galactic Heavens Headquarters.

"What do you mean, 'how'd it go'?" Sienna grumbled, still not forgiving Ophiuchus for having dragged then into space.

"Well, you know, checking the headquarters for potential dangers." Ophiuchus replied. Turning to Quinn, he asked, "Quinn, can you pass the purpura?"

Quinn stopped after hearing what Ophiuchus had said. "The what?"

"That small dish of purple stuff." replied Ophiuchus, pointing across the table at a small dish of what consisted of some sort of purple sauce.

After squinting at it for a while, Quinn passed the dish over to Ophiuchus. "What is this stuff?" They asked.

"It's similar to what you people from Terra call 'butter'." He explained, smearing some of it onto a slice of bread. "It's good on bread. You should try it."

Quinn looked at the purpura sideways. Cristian, however, who was sitting two seat away from Quinn, reached over to take the small dish. "Seems legit." He remarked, taking some of it and spreading it onto his slice of bread. Taking a bite of it, he commented, "It's not bad."

"Alright then, pass it over." Sienna, who was sitting in between Cristian and Quinn, took the dish of purpura from Cristian. Reaching across the table to take a slice of bread, she spread the purple sauce onto her slice, before glaring at Cristian and Ophiuchus and saying, "It's your fault if I get food poisoning."

She took a bite of the bread. After chewing it for a while, she looked up from it, mildly impressed. "This is impressively non-poisoned for something that's literally bright purple."

Across the table, Kurtis eyed a basket of apples suspiciously. Picking one of them up, he asked Ophiuchus, "What's wrong with these apples?"

"What do you mean? They're perfectly fine." responded Ophiuchus.

Holding the apple up to Ophiuchus' face, Kurtis said, "If you look closely at it, it's glowing in strange colours, and now I'm afraid to eat it."

"This is giving me some serious 'The Colour Out of Space' vibes." Asmara agreed.

"Is that not normal?" Ophiuchus asked in confusion. Remembering that they were from Earth, he added, "Oh right, you're from Terra. It's perfectly safe, trust me."

The twins looked from Ophiuchus to each other, unsure if they should trust Ophiuchus' statement.

Finally, Asmara grabbed an apple from the basket. Looking at her twin brother, she said, "Well, if we go down, then I guess we'll go down together." Raising her apple slightly, she added, "Cheers."

She took a bite out of it. After swallowing the bite, she commented, "Not bad for a slightly glowing apple."

"I'll take your word for it." Kurtis bit into the apple. In between bites, he said, "Are you sure there aren't any other side effects from eating these?"