10: ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴇꜱ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴅɢᴇ

After writing the prologue of the new ZH book yesterday and chapter 33 of "Civilization" the day before, a nice pre-written chapter is what I need to take a bit of a break (because homework)

Please excuse this sudden update, and enjoy!

~~~

𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚖 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚎 𝙽𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚒 𝙼𝙼𝚇𝚇 𝙰.𝙳.
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜
𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚊 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝
𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

The Zodiac Guardians, in fact, did not understand the significance of their presence at the Galactic Heavens.

"Alright, guys," Aidan started. "Welcome t' 'Meeting in Alexei's Room' number two. Today, we're discussing a revised escape plan."

It was past midnight in the Galactic Heavens. Ophiuchus seemed to be fast asleep, since the lights were off. The Zodiac Guardians sat in Alexei's room in a circle, with the only source of light in the room being a small candle that they found in the room, with the candle's fire being supplied by Aidan.

"This feels like a cult meeting." Colt commented.

Colt's comment was ignored by Aidan. "Now, t' avoid chaos and lettin' ourselves get caught, we will speak in zodiac order to keep things in an orderly fashion." Aidan continued. "I'll go first. I think we should wait 'til all the guards 're asleep n' stuff, then travel to a place that no one is willin' t' go to. Cassie, your next."

"Uh, okay," said Cassie. "Um, I don't know any places here that no one's willing to go to, so I'll skip that. Maybe we should steal one of those floating white van looking things Ophiuchus brought us here in." She looked at Asmara and Kurtis, who sat next to her. "Which one of y'all are speaking next?"

Asmara and Kurtis took a quick look at each other before giving each other a slight nod. Asmara spoke, "Maybe I'll go next. There should be some of those vehicles around here somewhere. I think there was a garage?"

"Yeah, that's where Ophiuchus parked the thing that took us here." added Kurtis. "If we take those keys that they needed, maybe we can steal one for ourselves."

"And then we leave the raccoon here and go home." Colt finished. "End of story."

"I object," Alexei objected. "Adnan stays vith us. Next." Colt gave him a small glare.

Tanner looked over to where the two sat. "Uh, so ignoring the raccoon dispute, I think one of the front guards had the keys, so we'd have to steal the keys from one of them. Does anyone know where the guards stay in the night? Maybe the keys are in their room or somethin'."

"It's probably in one of these towers," said Remily with a groan. "We investigated one of them, and it seemed to be a living area for some guards, but there's soooo many floors! Luckily, I am up to putting up a fight, especially with our kidnappers."

"Wait, I'd hate to break the chain of conversation we've got here, but didn't they say that one of the districts in the Galactic Heavens was abandoned or something?" asked Clio. "We could escape from there. I think it was the Zodiaxia District or something like that."

"Yes, but I think they said zat it was a dangerous place." Shelly pointed out. "It would not be very safe if we 'ad to go zere. What if we get attacked?"

"Then I guess we'd have to fight them off, amirite?" Cristian replied. "I mean, look at us! We have superpowers n' stuff, we can definitely take them on, right?"