-UL 14-

S O O Y O U N G

"Finally Hyeju! See, you can do it!" Hyunjin happily said seeing her sister finally knew how to swim.

"I did it!" Hyeju shouted.

"Great job little Hye." I said and pats her head.

"Thank you for teaching me mama."

"Welcome."

"I'll get us some doughnuts, you girls stay here okay? Don't go anywhere deep in the water okay?" I told them and they nodded their heads.

Getting out of the water, I saw one of the staff and ask her if she can look after my kids for a while.

"Thank you." I said when she agreed.

I immediately go towards where the snack bar is and get some doughnuts and other foods for the kids.

Walking back to the pool, I saw a woman walking past by wearing a cap and sweater.

Doesn't she get hot? It's still summer and here the lady is wearing thick and long clothes. Oh well, it's her choice and it's not my business anymore.

"Girls! Doughnuts!" I shouted and they went out of the kiddie pool.

"Hey! Slow down! Don't run, you'll slip." I reminded them but still, they run, good thing that no one slipped.

"Swimming is tiring." Hyeju said and took a bite of her doughnut leaving chocolate on the side of her lips.

"Yeah, but it's fun!"

"Jinnie, don't talk whe-, oh my goodness, slow down."

Hyunjin was just shoving the doughnut inside her mouth.

"I can do that too!" Hyeju shouted and copied her sister.

Are they my children? These two little cute furries are messy but what can I do? I am like that too.

"Mama do it too." Hyeju said giving one doughnut.

"Ey! Mama can't do it!" Hyunjin said.

"Yeah, you're right!" Hyeju agrees.

My children are testing me.

"If I can do it, you two will give me kisses." I said and they immediately agreed thinking that I can't do it.

"Easy!" I shouted after I shoved the doughnut inside my mouth.

They stared at me.

"Now give mama kisses!" I said after I swallowed the doughnut.

I lean forward and waited.

"Oh wait! I need to wipe you mou-." Before I could finish, they give me plenty of kisses and chocolate syrup on my cheek.

Now I'm sweet.

"There you go!" Hyunjin said pats my head.

"Want more kisses mama?" Hyeju asked and bops my nose.

Are they making me a kid? They do the things I do to them.

"Later." I said and playfully ruffled their already messy hairs.

My phone rings and it is a call from Kahei unnie.

I told them to continue to eat while I talk to Kahei unnie.

S: Yes unnie? Is there something wrong?
K: Is the offer still available?
S: What offer?
K: Jeju, never mind, why am I asking? I own the resort. We'll go there tomorrow.
S: Why not right now? You have a private plane unnie.
K: Oh right, I'll ask Jinsol and Jungeun if they are alright with flying today.
S: Okay! Text me unnie if you are going here today.
K: Yeah sure, see you.

Unnie dropped the call and I turn back to my kids sighing, again.

"I was just on the phone for a minute and you are messy again?" I asked.

Chocolate is all over their face.

"Let's wash your faces, but before that, I'll take a photo of you both." I said and opened the camera on my phone.

"Mama you've been taking pictures of us since earlier." Hyeju complained pouting her little triangle lips.

"Hyeju's right, smiling is more tiring than swimming." Hyunjin said crossing her arms.

"This is the last one, I promise, now smile for mama."

"You said that earlier too."

"Not just once but trice!"

"Come on girls! This is for memories, now smile little furries!" I said.

They smiled, forced smile.

That's better than none.

My phone dings and got a text from unnie.

From: Kahei unnie
We going there now.

"Your aunts are following us here." I told the kids and they cheered.

"Mama they are dumb, they should have just gone here with us." Hyunjin said.

"Oh well, we can't last a day without one of us being dumb. That's how we are, I'm sure you kids will follow our steps." I said and they shake their head for disagreeing.

We finished eating our snack and they wanted us to go to the shore.

"Let's build sand castle!" Hyunjin said.

I let them play with the sand and I just sat near them.

Beach reminded me so much of her. She like the beach, we always go to the beach whenever she wants to. Beach is our escape.

It's been so long since I was able to relax like this on the beach.

I sigh.

I suddenly want to see her, I don't know.

My friends and family think that I moved on from her, that I forget about her. I honestly don't know if I'm okay if I moved on from her. One day, I just think about her because I need to focus but there are days that I think about her if she is okay and of where she is.

They ask why I never looked for her, I accept it, if she doesn't want me then I accept it. I can let her go if that is what makes her happy, I want her to be happy and her happiness is my priority than mine.

But of course, it hurts, so much. Her leaving me makes me think if I am worth to love and if I, as a person is worth to live.

"Mama look! We made a big castle!" Hyeju shouted and I turn around to my kids.

"Wow! That's great!" I said and smile at them.

"Mama take a photo of us!" Hyunjin said posing beside the castle they made.

And now they suddenly want me to take photos of them.

"Okay, one, two, three, smile!" After taking a photo of them, they run towards me and look at their photos.

"I'm cute." Hyunjin said.

"Yeah you are unnie." Hyeju said without any expression that made me laugh.

"You girls are both cute." I said and tickled them.

Now that Hyeju is here and I knew that she is my child, it made me think a lot of her. There are a lot of things that go around my mind about her.

"Yow! Hag and little furries! Pose!"

"You dumb blon- oh! Why aren't you blonde anymore?! You were just blonde before we left! You too?! It's weird to call the both of you dumb black!"

"YAH!"