-UL 18-

S O O Y O U N G

"Ms. Yves, Mr. Kim is on his way." My secretary said after I was done talking to Jinsol on the phone.

"Okay, thank you." I said.

I sigh.

I canceled my remaining leave so I can focus on work and I don't have anything to do anyways since Hyunjin and Hyeju are already attending their school.

After a few more minutes of waiting, Mr. Kim finally came, looking anxious, I wonder why?

"Good morning Mr. Kim, you look pretty nervous." I said and chuckled.

He awkwardly smiled.

"Your secretary said you finally decided." He said.

"Yeah, I already did, but before I told you if I accept it or not, can I ask you some questions?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"If I would decline your proposal, what would you do?" I asked and he scratched his head.

"I don't know, I'll probably won't stop until you are going to accept it." He said.

So he doesn't have a proper plan.

"If I will accept it, how can I make sure that you won't sabotage me or bring me down?"

"I won't do that, I won't sabotage you." He immediately answered.

"I'll ask, what make you think that I'll sabotage you?" He asked.

"Because you hate me? You look at me before like I won't achieve anything in my life. You hold a grudge to me because of what happened years ago and you'll probably- no, not probably, surely. You surely still hold a grudge on me til now." I honestly said looking into his eyes.

I don't know what his eyes are telling, his eyes just look so blank. No emotions at all.

"Yes I do, I do hold a grudge on you but that doesn't mean I would sabotage your achievement. I hate you for what happened before and that hate is still inside of me but that won't make me do something stupid." He paused.

"I was so sure that you wouldn't be this big regardless of how hardworking you are but I was wrong. Look at you now, having the life that you planned for you and her." He said and I look away.

I'm sure Mr. Kim misses her so much, so so much. She's the only family he had and now he has none because she left.

"At first I thought that everything your achieving when you were still starting was a waste. Everything was a waste for me because you are alone in this because she wasn't with you. I remembered hearing you and Jiwoo talk, you said you want to achieve everything with her. But you only achieved everything alone." He continued.

There was a loud silence between us.

He was right, I wanted to achieve every single thing with her, that was my plan. I want her to be beside me when I achieve all of my goals. But in the end, I achieve everything alone because she left.

He was about to say something when my phone rang. I look at the caller and it was Sunmi unnie.

"Excuse me, I'll answer it first." I said and he nodded his head.

I stand up from my chair and walk towards the glass wall to answer unnie's call.

Su: Sooyoung-ah
So: Yes unnie? Do you need anything?
Su: Nothing! What time Hyeju and Hyunjin's school will be done?
So: Three in the afternoon unnie, why?
Su: Great! I'll fetch them and I will take them somewhere, okay?
So: Where?
Su: It's a secret! Bye bye!

Unnie ended the call before I can even say anything.

Hmm, I was planning on taking Hyeju and Hyunjin to the ice cream parlor that is just newly opened. I guess I'll take them there some other time. I'll let Sunmi unnie be with her nieces especially since she is really fond of having two nieces now.

I look at Mr. Kim and he was looking at Hyunjin and Hyeju's photo.

I sigh.

Another thing that I talked about with my friends and mom is Hyeju.

Hyeju is Mr. Kim's granddaughter and I don't know if I should tell him about it or not.

"Should I tell Mr. Kim?" I asked my friends and they look at me confusedly.

"Tell him what?" Haseul asked.

"About Hyeju." I said and they didn't answer.

"Hyeju is his granddaughter and I want to tell him about that but I don't know." I said.

"I think you should tell him." Jungeun said and I looked at her.

"You think so?" She nodded her head.

"Yeah, he deserves to know. Tell him but don't surprise him. Tell him at the right time."

Maybe I would let him and Hyeju meet, for them to be close or to be comfortable with each other, but I won't tell him yet about Hyeju being his granddaughter.

"Mr. Kim?" I called his attention and he immediately turn around.

"Huh? Yes? Sorry, I was distracted by the photo. Your kids are beautiful." He said and I smiled.

"They are, thank you Mr. Kim." I said.

"How old are they?"

"Five, they are turning six on November fourteen." I said.

"Oh, twins?"

"Somehow?" I said and he looked at me confusedly.

"They're not really twins, they just have the same birthday, so yeah." I said and he nodded his head.

"You're the one who's only taking care of them?"

"Yeah." I simply answered.

He must have wanted to have grandkids already. She told me before that Mr. Kim is so fond of kids. I don't want to believe but he is. He looks scary but he's a softie when there are kids around him.

"By the way Mr. Kim, I'll accept your proposal." I said and he look at me shocked.

"Really?"

"Yes, I look forward to working with you Mr. Kim." I said and offer my hand for a handshake.

"Thank you, thank you very much." He said and accepted my hand.

"You're welcome Mr. Kim." I said.

"Can I ask why? I was thinking you won't accept it because of what I said before." He said.

"I don't know? Maybe because you've been also part of my journey of reaching this." I said and he look at me curiously.

"You were there when I said I wanted to have what I have now and you said I won't ever get it but here I am. The words you kept on saying to me before somehow help me to be stronger and braver. So thank you Mr. Kim for being part of my journey." I said.

"It may sound so wrong or cringing but you know what?" I look at him.

"You made me proud Sooyoung. You deserve all of the things you achieved right now."

-

Hello, hello! How's the story going? I hope it's not boring at all.