-UL 41-

J I W O O

"Kim Myungjun you are under arrest."

Police are everywhere, guards are everywhere around the house. 

There's no way Mj can go somewhere to escape.

He tried to pull out something from his side only to grunt remembering that he put down the gun he had upstairs.

Mj was about to run upstairs probably to get the gun but the police were fast enough to catch him and handcuffed him.

"Ms. Jiwoo, are you okay? Where's Ms. Sooyoung? Sorry for coming late." The head guard came to me after the police dragged Mj out of the house.

Sooyoung...

"Sooyoung... Sooyoung needed treatment, she was shot." I cried and ran upstairs to see Sooyoung and my kids were still in their position earlier.

I don't want to leave them, but going with Mj is my only choice to keep them safe. It is the only choice for Mj to stop bugging them.

Before I could go near Sooyoung, first aiders were already carrying her towards the ambulance.

"Mommy, mommy, mama's hurt, mommy." Hyunjin cried and all I could do was hug my kids.

"Ms. Jiwoo, you and the kids also need to come to the hospital for a minor check." The head guard said and I just followed.

We left to go to the hospital and the kids are still crying.

"Mommy, is mama going to be alright?" Hyeju asked and I nodded my head.

"Mama's going to be alright, okay? We'll be with mama as she recovers, okay?" I told them and they nodded their heads.

I feel bad for Hyeju and Hyunjin. Why do they need to experience this in their life? Why do we need to experience this? All we want to be is to be happy.

Why does happiness need to be partnered with pain and sadness?

Reaching the hospital, we were immediately checked on. After checking on us, I told them to bring me to where Sooyoung is, and they brought us to a waiting area as Sooyoung was inside the emergency room. Soon, Sunmi unnie came.

"Jiwoo-yah, are you okay?" She asked and I just nodded my head even though I wasn't okay.

"Unnie, I'm sorry, Sooyoung sho-." She cuts me off

"Hey, hey, Jiwoo you don't have to apologize. No one wanted this to happen, okay? Sooyoung is going to be okay, they removed the bullet already and the doctor said that it was a relief that the bullet didn't go deep." Sunmi unnie said and hugged me.

After waiting for hours, Sooyoung was already transferred to a private room and can take visitors. Sunmi unnie brought the twins with her to visit their mama and I stayed outside to talk to the doctor.

"Don't worry, Ms. Ha only needs to stay here for eight to ten days for checking and recovery, After that, when we make sure that she is alright, she's good to go." The doctor said.

"Thank you." I said.

The doctor left and I was standing outside alone.

It's a good thing that nothing worse happened to Sooyoung, I don't know what I would feel if something worse happened. 

I can't forgive myself for what happened today. I can't forgive myself that I only had one choice to keep them safe. I can't forgive myself I need to leave them again if the police didn't come. I can't forgive myself for everything.

The door opens showing Sunmi unnie going out.

"Hey, why aren't you going in? Sooyoung and the twins are waiting for you." 

"I just can't get myself to enter the room unnie. I don't know how to face Sooyoung after trying to leave her again." I truthfully said.

I feel like I don't have the right to see her again after everything.

"Jiwoo, what happened today, we didn't all expect that. After all the hardships and conflicts you two have gone through, you and Sooyoung deserve to be with each other." Unnie said.

Do I deserve to be with her? Do I deserve her?

"Enter when you're ready, I'll go ahead first." Sunmi unnie said before leaving.

I sigh.

Peeking through the door's small window, I was able to see Sooyoung who was wiping off the twins' tears.

Nothing is more important in my life other than my family, Sooyoung, Hyunjin, and Hyeju, they are my treasure.

I took a deep breath before slowly opening the door and walking inside.

"Mommy, mama said that the doctor already removed the bullet." Hyeju said who ran towards me.

"Is that so? That's great." I said and wiped off her dry tears.

The kids cried a lot today.

"How are you?" I asked Sooyoung once I was beside her.

"I'm okay, just feeling the pain a little bit." Sooyoung said and I nodded my head.

I looked into her eyes and she was just staring back at me.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry if I was going to leave you again. I don't want to leave bu-." I was cut off for the second time today.

"I know Jiwoo, I know. Please don't apologize. What matters is that we all are okay." She said and held my hand.

I was about to say something when she shushed me knowing that I will say something that she doesn't want to hear.

"How about you Wooming, how are you? Did he hurt you?"

"I'll be fine and no, he just helps too tight on my arm." I said.

He did hold tight on my arm, it caused bruises on my arm.

Someone knocked on the door and it opened showing our friends who immediately walk in. Sooyoung and I just stared at them when they kept on asking questions at the same time.

"Can you guys ask questions one at a time? We only have two ears." Sooyoung complained.

"How are you? Sunmi unnie said that you were shot on your leg." Haseul unnie said.

"I'm fine, I just need to stay here for recovery." Sooyoung answered.

Jungeun walked toward me and hugged me.

"Was he the one that caused this?" She asked about the bruise on my arm.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Psh, good thing I was able to punch him in his face." She said making me furrow my eyebrows.

"We were at the police station before we headed here. These three punched Mj on his face two times." Kahei unnie said.

That explains why Jungeun's hands are red.

"Don't worry, that guy won't bother you girls anymore. He has a lot of cases making him stay in prison for more than a hundred years." Jinsol unnie said.

"That's good, that means no more Myungjun walking around the country."

No more Mj.

And I wished that there would be no more pain.

-

Four more chapters left!