-UL 20-

S O O Y O U N G

Throughout Heejin's birthday party, Hyeju stayed with Hyunjin and avoided being near me or our place. I was wondering why so I go near them and ask them if I did something wrong and they said I didn't do anything wrong.

Once the party was done, we immediately said goodbye to the others since Hyeju and Hyunjin were already sleepy and they still have class the next day.

"Oh, I thought you already fall asleep?" I exclaimed when I opened the back door of the car and saw Hyeju still awake.

I carried the sleeping Hyunjin and sleepy Hyeju as we headed up to their room. I set Hyunjin down on her bed and changed her into her pajamas before I changed Hyeju's.

"Are you okay? You tired Hye?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Mama, can we make cookies tomorrow? After we came back from school?" Hyeju asked.

"You want cookies? We can buy some if you want." I said.

"Yes, but can we make them ourselves? Tomorrow is mommy's birthday and we always make cookies during her birthdays." She shyly said.

Oh, right. Her birthday is tomorrow.

"Okay then, we'll make cookies tomorrow after your school." I said and smiled at Hyeju.

"Thank you mama." Hyeju said and hugged me.

"Welcome wolfie. Sleep now, you still have school tomorrow. Good night." I said and gave her a forehead kiss.

"Night night mama." She said before lying down on her bed.

I made sure both of my daughters are warm and comfortable before I left and go towards my room.

I took a deep breath as I lie down on my bed.

Another year of her birthday without her. Before we would celebrate her birthday when she was still here and even in the first year she went missing. We set a party at our place, hoping that she would show up but of course, she didn't show up. Another birthday again came and still no trace of her.

Now, we just consider her day as an ordinary day. We do our own thing, go to work and just be lazy at home.

The next day came and Hyeju's mood is a little bit gloomy. I feel bad, she told me that this is the first time that she's not with her mommy celebrating their birthday. If only I have a clue where she is, I would let Hyeju spend the day with her.

"Hey, if your mommy knew that you aren't happy or smiling on her birthday, she would be really upset. Hmm, so smile now little Hye, okay?" I told her and she smiled a little.

I drop them off at their school and I met Haseul and Jungeun there.

"What happened? Is Hyeju okay?" Hasuel worriedly asked when she noticed Hyeju's gloomy mood.

"Well, today is her mom's birthday and it's the first time they aren't together on her birthday and surely also on Hyeju's birthday next month." I said.

"Right, it's her birthday." Jungeun said.

"Yeah, Hyeju requested if we can make cookies later. She said they would always make cooking on their birthdays, so yeah."

"Do you know how to make one?" Haseul asked.

Ohh, right, I don't know how to make a cookie. How are we supposed to make one later?

"Dumb hag." Jungeun said and rolled her eyes.

"Yah! I am not! I'll figure it out. I'll go ahead, I still have a meeting with Mr. Kim." I said and left them.

About Mr. Kim, it is weird but we get along. We don't just talk about work and he also already met my twins and he became really really attached to them. He once told me that he already wants to have grandkids but he can't have one because of... Well, because he's one and only child runaway. 

As we work together, I always think if I should tell him about Hyeju being his daughter's child. I want to tell him but I can't just get the right to tell it to him. Also, I don't know how he will react once he knew about it. He'll probably get mad and shout at me why I didn't tell him earlier.

Reaching New I asked my secretary to ask someone to buy ingredients of cookies for me and to search for a procedure for me to look at later. She immediately give me a copy and I read each one of the steps and watched a video.

"I hope nothing goes wrong later." I told myself while still scanning the procedure.

While waiting for 10 o'clock to come, I sketched some clothes designs that are for kids.

New doesn't really have or make clothes for kids, but since I have two and my mom suggesting about having clothes for kids in New, I decided to try it out.

While I was sketching, my office door suddenly burst open showing a furious Mr. Kim.

"Mr. Kim, is there any problem?" I asked and immediately stand up from my seat.

"You, why didn't you tell me?"

I looked at him confused.

"What are you saying Mr. Kim?"

"Where's Jiwoo?" He asked and I got more confused.

"Mr. Kim, we both knew that she isn't with me. She left me Mr. Kim, how am I supposed to know where she is." I said.

"Then how come your kids are with you?!" He angrily shouted and drop down a file on my table.

I looked at it and my eyes grew wide.

"I was so curious about your daughters and they reminded me of Jiwoo so much. I wanted to know if they are related to Jiwoo, so I did a DNA test." He said.

I didn't mind him and checked the DNA test if the thing that I just saw is real.

"You did a DNA test, both of my daughters?" I asked.

"Yes." He simply said.

I sat down on my chair still holding the DNA test.

"Now tell me, how come your kids are with you and she isn't with you?"

I didn't say anything.

"Come on Sooyoung, tell me."

"Just tell me."

A lone tear suddenly fell on my face.

Hyunjin.

She's our daughter too?

-

So... What are your thoughts?