Opening the GATE

Location: Frozen wastes north of the capital

Loudspeaker: Once you have finished setting up the electromagnets head to the shelter. It is in your best interests to not fail this task, if you do fail you will be killed by the compression event.

Inmate: Fucking what now?

Inmate 2: These things create black holes and force them open. If we mess up the magnets it is uncontrollable in the few minutes it is open. Our shelter only really protects us from the fucking radiation.

Inmate: What about the suits?

Inmate 2: They are behind 5 meters of concrete and steel with a giant lead plate crammed 2 meters in. They are fine and if anything happens they can hunker down in emergency shelters that are made to withstand a nuke.

Inmate: So we just fucking die if we get this wrong?

Inmate 2: Yep.

The second inmate gave a thumbs up to a camera and the two began to walk towards their shelter. Once inside tanks of an extremely dense gas were pumped into a secure chamber and began to form a black hole. In the few minutes the black hole was opened and the electromagnets forced it open and contained it. An IDTF team wearing space suits walked through and a group of soldiers escorted the inmates to their new(and much better)cells. 

The New Orderian Government has a simple system for GATEs. The inmates serving death sentences are hand picked to be assigned to open the GATE. If they succeed they get a much nicer cell(basically an underground apartment) and they are just serving life in "prison" instead of death. Official records will say death by lethal injection. If they fail the black hole will rip their bodies apart and if that doesn't happen they die from the radiation.

On the other side the IDTF team set up the other half of the GATE and secured the area, once the GATE was constructed on both sides a company of soldiers was sent in with the 23rd armor following. A field camp was set up and NOID agents worked on hacking local communications to figure out everything they could about the location. The GATE isn't exact with where it dumps you out. There is a real chance that it puts you in deep space or it could put you in the ocean. The agents determined they were in western Japan. The next objective is creating a cover organization. The choice for this was Havoc, a weapons and vehicles company from their Earth. This would allow any NO forces to have factories and storage facilities and not raise eyebrows. It would also allow the sale of weapons legally so local police forces don't try and take them down.

Radio: Attention all Fractured Dawn personnel, I am Marshal Lemore and I am taking command. A drone has spotted civies in the area, do not get spotted by anyone until we have a cover story for each of you.

Soldiers were cautious while setting up camp, they elected to dig down and construct an underground facility to minimize risk of being spotted by air. Over the next month a cover story was created by NOID agents hacking databases across the world to make it appear that the NO forces were all employees of Havoc. Representatives from the real Havoc were brought in to lay out how to set up convincing facilities and how mercenaries act. As far as any government in the world knew Havoc was a Japan based company that specialized in the sale of weapons and explosives. All weapons sold would have their NO serial numbers replaced with ones that would make sense (NOAR-4 -> HAR-4).

Location: Fractured Dawn B site

Two soldiers were standing guard over the entrance to the supposed factory. So far the cover has stood up and multiple weapons were sold to the average person and some less than respectable people.

Soldier: Why did you join the army?

Soldier 2: Honesty I don't know. It was kind of a family tradition to join. How about you?

Soldier: I was pretty broke, had been living in Travult city my whole life and realized if I wanted to see the world the only way I could was by joining the military. When recruiters came to my school they finally convinced me.

Soldier 2: I thought Travult was rich as all hell?

Soldier: That is what they want you to think. It's a gambling town, there is a specific area that is filthy rich and the rest is a dump. People live in casino pent houses while people four blocks away struggle to pay rent on a studio apartment. Only good thing is every few months they get everyone in a part of the city in one place, we pool money together, and hire a band to play music, get drinks, food, everything you can dream of.

Soldier 2: So shit all the time except when everyone spends their entire savings on one block party.

Soldier: Yeah, pretty much.

While they talked a few black SUVs pulled up outside and various oddly dressed people stepped out.

Soldier 3: Cut it, we moved here from Yonkers NY, act American.

Soldier: Who the hell are these guys?

Soldier 2: "Pro heroes", fuckshits who act high and mighty to get rich.

The soldiers immediately acted in a more stereotypical way, they have one cover story, they joined the company a few years ago when they lived in Yonkers New York. They are very patriotic  and will fight you if you talk shit about the US.

Soldier 3: The fuck are you doin?

Hero: Step aside citizen, we are searching the property

Soldier 3: Do you have an appointment?

Hero: What?

Soldier 3: No appointment, got it. Do you have a warrant at least?

Hero: Well, no... but we are heroes, let us in or else.

Soldier: Or else what? You curb stomp a group of "citizens" because we didn't let you break the law?

Hero: That's it!

The hero started to dive at the checkpoint when soldiers immediately raised their weapons and the hero stopped mid lunge.

Soldier 2: Back the fuck up, get on the line with the cops, tell them some dumbasses tried to break in.

Hero 2: We are heroes, they won't arrest us.

Soldier 3: Back up now or else.

Hero: To quote you "or else what?"

Soldier 3: This is a weapons storage facility, if you attempt to enter illegally we will assume you are attempting to steal weapons are cause an explosion. We have orders to kill anyone trying to do that.

Soldier: I need some cops down here, some "heroes" tried to break into a weapons plant.

The soldier talked on the phone with the dispatcher while the other two pointed their rifles at the heroes. The standoff continued as the sounds of sirens approached.

Fractured Dawn:

-50 command personnel

-2000 combat personnel

-200 logistics personnel

-1 Field Marshal

-2 Generals

-24 helicopter pilots

-4000 personnel of various jobs in their Earth

Travult: A city in the northern half of the nation, it may not be cold but it is not hot either.

If I ever mention a new city randomly odds are it was because I just came up with it recently(the name was decided yesterday, the idea came from two days ago).