Training With Teens

Location: Middle of nowhere, R-3, Japan

The helicopters had flown in after the students had been dropped off on the cliff. NO high command pressured UA to allow the 2nd Fractured Dawn company to go to the training cap for added practice for the soldiers and students. After Marshal Lemore and Ventuas called for the 20th time they were allowed to attend. Of course there was a catch: soldiers would need to walk the same distance the students did. So now about 200 men were walking while carrying ammo, rations, mortars, equipment, rifles, sleeping bags, tents, water, and more random shit like a flamethrower and spare fuel. 

Soldier: Why do we need all this ammo exactly? If I remember properly the portal loaders could do it for us.

Soldier 2: When the communists attacked the capital the detonated that EMP, right? A bunch of men got fucked over when their rifles exploded in their hands because the tiny black hole you have isn't very stable. Then the survivors ran out of ammo and almost lost the war when finally reinforcements broke through the encirclement.

Captain: Long story short: we found out we don't have enough ammo to sustain a fight if an EMP goes off. So now we are dragging more with us like every other army on the planet as a failsafe.

Soldier: What did you mean by exploded?

Soldier 2: Remember the "if an EMP goes off toss the rifle" which was never explained in basic? Yeah, when an EMP goes off the butt of your rifle shoots our fire, radiation, and electricity in an explosion. The black hole or whatever the fuck is in there breaks and collapses while breaking shit. Even worse if it happens while bullets pass through.

Soldier: Why? What could a bullet do to make that worse?

Soldier 2: Bullet is chopped in half and the gunpowder explodes instantly, round passes through the stock and into the core components of the gun. Explosion will cause more damage to you and completely fuck the rifle permanently. Hell I heard of a guy who got shot in the foot because it exploded when the black hole closed, again when the first bullet fired, and that bullet hit the back of one in the chamber which had caused it to shoot. Second round impacts him, guy barely survived the explosions.

Captain: Shut it, we're here. Alright people, place equipment over there and line up for inspection.

The soldiers stacked ammo boxes and other equipment up before getting into lines. They stood with their arms at their side while the captain did a headcount and made sure nothing was wrong with them.

Captain: Soldier, the fuck is wrong with that leg?

The soldier in question was leaning to a side and his leg was disfigured.

Soldier: I tripped sir and my foot got stuck.

Captain: Sit down, Medic!

The captain checked the leg and it was clearly bruised. The medic said it should be fine by the morning but the soldier was ordered to head inside the main building and sit while his tent was set up.

?: I see the mercenaries have arrived.

Captain: Hello there sir. 2nd Fractured Dawn Company reporting for duty.

?: What do you mean by company?

Captain: 200 of the best soldiers in New Orderia, we were ordered to train here and practice with the students from that school. There are a total of 10 companies as of now, each with similar setups as you see here. Our trucks should be airlifted in tomorrow morning. Do you mind me asking who you are?

?: Aizawa, I teach 1-A at UA.

Captain: 1-A, didn't they kick the 1st's ass a few weeks ago?

Aizawa: Yes.