The Ends Justify The Means

Location: Back of APC with IDTF Epsilon 2

Epsilon 2 has a very important task, they will be going with Fractured Dawn soldiers to secure a package. The problem is they have to do it during a raid without being spotted. The cover will be simple: they will tag along for the raid and secure the target before backing off. They only need a sample for this to work so it doesn't need to be fully intact.

Now this is an task no one wants to do, but in order to have an effective chemical agent to subdue hostile forces with quirks it needs to be done. Now if you are aware of the Yakuza raid from the anime/manga(it doesn't fucking matter) you know what they plan on capturing. A bullet(no I am not sending a government hit team on Eri you sick fucks, I am just sending one for a chemical made out of her, big difference) meant to cancel quirks. The main challenge is avoiding the heroes. Luckily Epsilon is well trained in securing assets so if everything goes according to plan it will work flawlessly.

It did not go according to plan. Immediately after entering the underground compound the IDTF team was split off from the heroes by the walls shifting. Now this is a problem because they are entirely unsupported with no sense of direction.

Commander: 2-1 to dispatch?

Radio: We hear you, what happened down there?

Commander: Walls shifted, we were split off from Blufor.

Radio: Affirmative, complete your mission. Good luck.

The team continued down the deformed hallway alone. Everyone was on edge because when you are 9 men, without support, against who knows what you are not going to relax. Already efforts were being made by the soldiers on the other side to breach the concrete separating them from Epsilon 2. The squad continued deeper into the tunnel and eventually the power went out.

Commander: NVGs, watch for any movement.

The soldiers flipped down their night vision goggles and saw something. A medical room, at least that was what it looked like at a glance. But to the IDTF team that specializes in retaking research facilities that was not all. It was a laboratory, blood vials, knives, leather straps, and everything else. 

Commander: Dispatch, please head to a secure channel.

Radio: Uhh... affirmative E-2-1

The commander switched his radio frequency and reported what he found. He listed off the data he was looking at and the samples on the table.

Commander: What do we do sir?

Radio: Secure it and evacuate that tunnel soldier, get everything on a hard drive and have duplicates. This might be enough as is.

Now the amount of data here included how to make the chemical NO forces were after and the samples of blood had what was needed to produce a rudimentary version. With enough bio-engineering a more effective(and permanent) bio weapon could be produced.

Immediately after the data was secured the soldiers retreated to the entrance. That was until the noticed a problem, the walls moved. Now there was little hope of regrouping with friendly forces in the direction they came from. Their only hope was that they could find a new way out. The soldiers returned to the laboratory and continued down that hallway. Other documents or blood samples found were secured or photos were taken of them. 

The soldiers came to a tunnel and saw to figures standing there. Clearly they were not in any military or police uniform and they didn't appear to be any heroes assigned to the operation. The soldiers moved along the walls as quietly as possible to make an L shape around the two figures. When everyone was in position the soldiers turned off their NVGs and turned on flashlights affixed to their rifles and helmets.