Finale

Location: Streets of Hosu, R-3

UA's students and their families had been provided a hotel to sleep at by Havoc, now known to the public as New Orderia. Early in the morning students were awoken by sirens and repeated banging outside. They got up and looked out the window to see NO soldiers marching with rifles slung and Havoc patrol units leading the way. Occasionally the patrols would blip a siren and in the middle of the parade an LAV with speakers affixed played the New Orderian anthem. 

People exited the buildings and watched as soldiers marched. The first men were the patrol units, then the F-D companies in number order, after that logistics units assigned to the F-D operation. Following those was the 87th armor and other tank units sent as reinforcements. Behind the tanks were normal NO infantry that were deployed to aid in the quarantine. Behind all of that was the DCM QE task forces and cleaner crews followed by the army's Kilo Task Force and the various IDTF units sent to R-3. 

Helicopters flew over the soldiers and did complex maneuvers to show off before CAS bombers did a fly over. After the NO forces passed heroes involved in the fighting walked down the street and behind them were R-3 military forces. JSDF, USMC, Australian Army, and more nearby military forces. 

Of course this was the show of force NO units wanted, it has one goal, remove doubt in NO forces. New Orderia was technically the reason the DB virus happened, the public didn't know this yet but they did know NO forces didn't save everyone. The last thing the NOJOD wants is another war to break out. Forces were already being deployed on new operations so having to send more personnel to R-3 would delay other objectives.

What other objectives? Winning a civil war. The insurgency had grown much more powerful over the last year and now New Orderia had the available troops to end it. The insurgency is luckily still divided, it was never one group and instead 20 major ones. These groups sometimes meet and when they do a massive attack follows. In NO history only five of these meetings ever happened. The first was long before the others when insurgents took over Dalnax and held it for almost 15 years. The second was in late 2197, leading to a large SA attack on R-2. The third was a meeting with CCP officials but it was stopped by NO special forces, the aftermath was China and New Orderia going to war. The fourth was a convention center bombing, the attack left over 2K civilians dead. The fourth and final was the ongoing attempts to cooperate between the left leaning insurgent groups, most notably the Red Morning movement. The most recent attack caused by the Red Morning was on a nuclear reactor and it was stopped by an insurgent who realized that they were only killing civilians.

Back in R-3 Toga had a dilemma. She could stay in R-3 under NO watch and see combat, drink blood occasionally, and never get mental help. The downside was she would never had her own rights, her ever move would be watched by NO high command and if she took a step without permission she would be killed. The other option was to go to R-1, get mental help, but never fight again. If she went to R-1 she would be watched by the CEM but she would have personal freedoms and it is possible she wouldn't have the constant focus on blood.

Basically, she can live a normal life or have her odd one under the complete control of the army. Live as a weapon or be normal. For most being a weapon isn't a good choice, but when you are obsessed with killing it isn't as easy. She has to pick between which of her favorite things she likes more, killing or freedom. 

Now most people would take time to think this through, NO high command understands this, and promptly ignored it. Lemore, the Overseer, and a recently promoted Nedeli(who is Delvo's replacement as a Lower Director of NOID) stood in front of Toga.

Nedeli: We have the paperwork already worked out, you just need to sign one of these documents and it is done.

Lemore: While you are a good fighter and not much of a liability, you wouldn't be deployed for a long time. Both options don't have much murder involved, I would recommend thinking about personal freedoms.