NOID Takes Over

Location: UA, R-3

The hero courses had been called to the gymnasium where a New Orderian official in a black field marshal uniform nobody knew stood. No other NO soldiers were in the building or even around it. If anything it was like they were avoiding it.

Marshal: I am NOID Lower Director Delvo, and we have a very big problem. The projector will show you the most horrific things known to man, and we want you to help stop them.

Delvo turned on the projector and the DCM logo appeared with the writing "SA-5 Footage, APD PO-3 Yankon body cam." The video switched to footage of an officer sprinting down the beach with the officer wearing the body cam following close behind. When they stopped sprinting things devolved fast as the were swarmed by a violent crowd.

Delvo: This is SA-5, a modified strain of the SA virus. SA is to put simply, zombies. One of Lemore's men is a traitor, and he released this virus on a civilian target to hide his tracks after sending a letter. He is hiding among NO forces, we don't even know if he is still alive still. For all we know this rouge man is a dead guy, or we believe he is dead and is actually on the run. We have nowhere to start.

The video in the background continued to play as police officers gunned down the infected before sprinting down a street to escape the horde. The students watched in horror as bodies and blood filled the streets as they listened to how the person responsible was hiding among them.

Delvo: So we have a solution, and it is risky. We plan on having you rat out these men, any and all suspicious actions our soldiers have are to be reported to me and me alone. The accused men will be dealt with.

A student from class 2-A raised his hand and Delvo told him to go ahead with his question.

Student: What do you mean by "dealt with?"

Delvo: If NOID determines that the accused is guilty, summary execution.

Student 2: Isn't summary execution without trial?

Delvo: Correct, when I have the evidence I need I will go to my superiors and report, if they think it is our traitor I am clear to execute him via firing squad. Now as I was going to say, me and my men are autonomous, I can do anything I see fit and as long as I consult another NOID Director I can execute anyone, and I have the authority to detain anyone who gets in my way. Anyone I detain will meet the same fate, so comply.

The students were ordered to leave and when they all left a few NOID agents escorted in Lemore.

Lemore: Good morning Lower Director, I wish you were here on better terms. I would like to assure you have the full support of the Army in your investigation, we will be opening our own investigation and anything we find will be delivered to you.

Delvo: I would like to remind you that you are still a suspect, as much as you try and help I will still investigate you.

Lemore: I would expect nothing less of a NOID official such as yourself.

Delvo: If I catch wind of the Army's investigation hiding things it is your head.

Lemore: I will work to make sure that isn't necessary.

Lemore walked out with the NOID agents staying behind. When Lemore left the building he met up with his guards and began rambling.

Lemore: Fucking suits. As if I would jeopardize my own operation by not checking everyone 20 times over.

Soldier: If it means anything sir, we do not have much respect for the agents. Those ones specifically.

Lemore: Thank you soldier, but never say that again. Delvo has a reputation for being irritable and prone to overreacting. If he heard soldiers were talking behind his back he would treat them as the enemy. 

Soldier: Understood. I love NOID and all the agents and would suck the Lower Director's dick because I love it so much.

Lemore and the other soldiers chuckled at that for a minute while walking away. They passed by Nezu who noticed the tension between NO forces.

Nezu: Marshal Lemore, would you mind explaining who your new "friend" is?

Lemore: Principle sir! That is New Orderian Intelligence Division Lower Director Delvo. An experienced but brutal agent who strives to prove himself. He is here to hunt down a traitor in NO ranks.

Nezu: I read about that, but I think there is something else between the two groups, NOID and the Army if I am correct.

Lemore: NO forces usually get along but when one group is high and mighty acting like you are their enemy while simultaneously ordering you around that falls apart fast. NOID agents are here to root out a hostile but they don't know who, as such they think it is all of us. Delvo especially has a "guilty until proven innocent" mindset.

Nezu: That would seem counterproductive for an investigation, no?

Lemore: It probably is but the alternative is look for clues and the only one is a blood covered letter where everyone who originally saw it died. The post office it came from was firebombed to stop the horde and the mail carriers were either killed in the bombing or to the infection. We have no leads.

Nezu: And this letter guarantees that there is a threat?

Lemore: If someone has the balls to hack into multiple high security files, steal a zombie virus, engineer said virus, and mail a threat to a NOID office in a major city saying they have infiltrated a secret military operation most men in that building don't even have the clearance to know the first letter of, only to disperse the virus killing a hundred thousand, for a joke, they are insane.

Nezu: Can you not check who got near that virus?

Lemore: There is a quarantine zone in the capital, we sent the entirety of Fractured Dawn to the capital a few months ago. Our troops were in that area for a while and during that time the people in charge of preventing the virus from escaping were preoccupied with a mutant flu epidemic. It doesn't help F-D personnel have the highest clearance for non RCM agents in the nation, any one of my men could get to the samples with some effort.

Nezu: That is a predicament. I would recommend you start from outside though, if the virus was dropped off then the person responsible had to interact with R-1. That means if you start in the city that was attacked and work backwards...

Lemore froze and spun around before Nezu could continue.

Lemore: I could find out who did it faster than the men working outwards. Nezu you are a genius and I wish I could promote you.

Lemore jogged off with his soldiers following before getting onto the first helicopter back to A Site.