18000 Pounds of Pain

The fires raged as 2-8 and 2-1 drove through the forest. They had just been informed of 20 minutes until two bombers could fly over and another hour after that for reinforcements by helicopter. The local police was useless as well because they would get there 15 minutes after the helicopters did. Overall everyone in the convoy thought this was how they died.

The lead LAV slammed on the breaks and the convoy came to a halt. Soldiers got out and approached a student and her unconscious peer that were on the path. One had a gas mask and the other did not. Immediately the students were moved to the truck which continued down the road while a medic checked the unconscious one.

Medic: Do you know what was released into the air?

Girl: Sleeping gas, we took out the source already. It was his quirk.

Medic: That's damn good. He staff sergeant! Gas should be clearing up soon!

Sergeant: Nice! 2-8 to dispatch, gas had been handled and should be clearing up shortly.

Radio: Affirmative, good work soldier.

Sergeant: Actually it was a civie sir.

Radio: Give that kid a pat on the back and finish your route fast. If the civie can hear me, you probably just saved some lives.

The convoy finished the route around then returned to the camp. Across the forests other squads fought back against the villains, an estimate was made ranging from 40 and 50. This number was not accurate as we know from the anime. The reason is the villain Twice could duplicate anyone, send them in, have them die, and repeat. Every time the soldiers killed someone they only killed a copy, hence why the enemy number was inflated.

This also meant that NO forces were effectively outnumbered. As NO casualties climbed the villains only had less resistance. The students had fought back villains whenever they fought but NO Fractured Dawn personnel are at the core soldiers and are trained to fight conventionally or at the very least against terrorists. Having to fight effectively magic made that training go out the window. But you want to know what even magic can't stop? Fire.

Captain: Hellfire 2, move up to the front. All squads, we are switching to scorched earth, call artillery on anything you see fit. We intend on running out of shells. 

Radio: HF-2, affirmative. I have linked up with 2-12 and 19

Radio: 2-15 to dispatch, requesting barrage on grid 231.

Captain: Granted, brace for impact.

The line of mortars fired shell after shell on the grid and explosions echoed through the forest. More squads called in artillery on their attackers and the shells came. Hellfire had burned anything the villains hadn't and pushed a few back from the flames. Explosives and fuel was running out when there was a distant and constant whine.

As it got louder two CAS bombers flew over and did a combat turn towards the tree line soldiers were being attacked from.

Pilot: Pharaoh 1-1 to 2nd F-D, mark target with red smoke and friendlies with green.

Radio: Affirmative, smoke launched... now.

Smoke rose from NO positions and the bombers took their picks of targets. 1-1 pasted over a line of trees and dropped a M-77 napalm bomb on it before turning 90 degrees left and unloading with it's 20mm gun. The sound of explosions followed by a short and high pitched brrrrt sound out before the jet flew over. More explosions rocked the forest as the bombers threw everything they could at the villains.

Now I will explain why the title of this chapter is "18000 Pounds of Pain". That is the ordinance capacity of these CAS bombers(I based the number off the F4 Phantom which can carry slightly more) in explosives. That is 18000 pounds of high explosives, napalm, and 20mm ammo. There are enough explosives on these jets to remove your entire postal code from the face of the earth.(also look up 20mm strafing run on YouTube and watch the video of a F/A-18 demolishing a taliban position, that is the noise these CAS bombers make and what their gun does) 

After a few strafing runs the bombers received a report that under normal circumstances was good: hostile forces retreated. But there was a catch: believed to have taken a hostage. Now this was a problem, if there was a hostage the bombers can't provide much support, but they aren't sure if all the villains left. So now we have a gamble, call off the bombers and hope for the best, or risk the hostage.

Pilot: Orders sir?

Radio: 2nd F-D to Lemore, do you copy?

Radio: Marshal Lemore here, what do you need?

Radio: We believe hostages have been taken when the enemy retreated, what are our orders?

Radio: Send out a few patrols, figure out if we have a hostage crisis, 15 minutes until reinforcements arrive for you. Keep those bombers on standby. Lemore out.

Pilot: Affirmative, be advised, we are out of bombs, only armed with the 20mm now.

Radio: Affirmative, just watch us until help arrives.

The fires had only gotten worse with time and now NO forces switched to trying to contain the damage. The captain had a genius idea: 20mm guns don't start fires but do blow shit up.

Captain: I need a gun run between the red smokes, keep it as straight as possible.

Radio: Are you sure sir? We don't have any hostiles on thermal.

Captain: Your gun is being used to stop the spread of that wild fire pilot, do the run.

Radio: On it sir. Welcome to the WFM, the Recon Division way.

The machine gun unloaded and the trees fell down. A cut was made that stopped the spread of the fire in that direction. Soon after more NO forces arrived followed by a ton of police and fire department units.

Over the next week firefighting efforts were carried out and New Orderia sent in some WFM crews to help and for training purposes. Hostile forces were identified as the League of Villains, NOID has authorized use of BW-209 against them. Quirks are unknown. IDTF E-11 has been mobilized to R-3 for a classified reason. Meeting between NO high command and the principal of UA along with other R-3 officials has been authorized to occur on R-1.