Massacre

Location: NO research base, Antarctica

Loudspeaker: All security personnel report to the GATE, we have reports of an explosion in Fractured Dawn site 1.

Soldiers grouped around the portal and put on gas masks. Some soldiers were handing out rifles and a commander briefed them on their objective. They were going in to investigate the cause of the explosion and regain contact with the base. Once the soldiers were ready they went through the portal.

The other other side had injured soldiers bleeding out and fires raging through the facility. The occasional explosions caused by munitions cooking off in the fire caused more injuries and damage to the already destroyed facility. Bursts of gunfire erupted as soldiers fought back attackers. The reinforcements ran forwards and saw a group of people decimating the base security. The Fractured Dawn soldiers had taken heavy losses and the normal troops were effectively the only ones able to fight.

During the chaos a few soldiers had grabbed fire hoses and were attempting to stop the warehouses from burning down. If those things caught fire the entire base would explode because of the fact tens of thousands of pounds of explosives were in each warehouse.

A group of NO agents tried to hack into local emergency broadcast systems and order an evacuation of the surrounding area. Unfortunately the power was out so they only had laptops to work with. Suddenly the door to the room was opened and agents turned their weapons at the door. Two soldiers stumbled in and collapsed onto the ground. The first had severe burns across his back and the second had multiple stab wounds. The agents tried to treat the injuries as a few soldiers passed the door while firing down the hallway. A few seconds later they were launched back bleeding. The agent closest to the door ran and sealed it right after a soldier ran into the room. The agent and the soldier barricaded the door as someone started to bang on it.

Agent: Fuck yes, I got the comms unjammed!

Another agent switched his radio to broadcast to a random channel used by heroes or police forces.

Agent 2: Let's fucking go! Mayday! Mayday! This is Havoc site 1 to anyone, we have been attacked by villains. The facility is burning and we are taking heavy losses. Get anyone down here now!

Radio: What is the number of villains?

Agent 2: Unknown at this time, it is a massacre, we are barricaded in the control room but they are breaking down the door. 

Radio: Alright, I have sent heroes to your aid. How exactly did you get this channel?

Agent 2: We hacked into the first channel we found that was secure, we just need help here.

Radio: Help is coming, you will be okay.

After the voice over the radio said that there was a bang and the door flew off it's hinges.

Agent 2: I'm afraid not. The door just got kicked down. 

Radio: Heroes are 5 minutes away.

The other agents and soldiers in the room were killed quickly and the agent took out a grenade.

Agent 2: They won't make it in time, just save the rest. You are going down with me motherfucker! Long live New Orderia!

The agent pulled the pin of the grenade and ran at the attacker who breached the room. The grenade went off and killed both of them. The person on the other end of the radio heard the entire thing and a wrote down the odd statement at the end.

When heroes got close to the facility a massive explosion went off from a warehouse. The entire facility was engljlfed by secondary explosions and when the smoke started to clear gunfire was still heard. Trees had been knocked down and vehicles were flipped while soldiers dragged the injured to cover.

Soldier: Medic! I need a medic!

A medic ran over to see a soldier missing an arm and a leg. The medic set up a blood bag and a tourniquet to the injured soldier and injected some morphine before running to the next injured man. Soldiers fought back the villains with the help of the heroes and all efforts switched to putting out the fires and treating the hundreds of injured.

Another problem arose as well: most of the men at the base were wearing the standard issue NO army uniform. It had the New Orderian flag and was clearly marked to say army. Fractured Dawn personnel only wore Havoc uniforms to maintain secrecy but with heroes and police officers seeing the soldiers the ruse was pretty much over. Command realized this and gave permission to fly the New Orderian flag over all Havoc facilities and to send in NORD firefighters to put out the fires and rescue injured troops.

1 day after attack:

NO firefighter: Hey! We have a void space over here! Dog is digging!

A few soldiers and firefighters ran over and tried to lift a slab of concrete that was blocking access to the injured below. Unfortunately they were not able to lift it and called for more men. As firefighters, soldiers, and agents tried to lift the slab a hero walked past.

NO firefighter: Hey you! We have someone under this rubble! 

The hero turned and walked over to the slab. He lifted it up and firefighters put metal struts under it to hold it up. The firefighters climbed down the hole with rescue gear and found 4 soldiers huddled together covered in soot with the only light being from a fire burning in the debris. The first 3 went up without an issue but the fourth was pinned by a piece of tank armor. Using a hurst tool(commonly called the jaws of life) to lift the metal up the soldier was pulled out.

Rescue efforts would continue over the next week and the total death count was 410 with 834 injured severely. The number of minor injuries was not recorded. NO officials concluded that any hope of hiding their existence was gone and the objective changed. Weapon tests would still occur but only under local government supervision. Weapons would be sold to NATO members and police forces. Other tech would be tested in a hero school located in Japan, this school was not yet selected. Daybreak had not been discovered yet because the fire burned the documents. Fractured Dawn personnel would be required to have NO insignia. The public was not made aware the existence of New Orderia.