XII. POWER

Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve

YOU would think that after what happened last night, Zavier would be more bearable. That he wouldn't continue to stare at you, with the look of a serial-killer if you so much as breathed too loudly. Unfortunately, the result was nothing but the latter.

And I couldn't decide if I liked that or not.

Was I genuinely surprised he was still an asshole? Or was I just surprised that I preferred the normal tension between us over whatever earlier on?

Either way, I couldn't think about it too much. It would be wrong to be thinking about someone else while Taechan hovered over me with his shirt off, furiously kissing my neck. His kisses were soft yet rushed. He was a wonderful distraction.

However, he slowed down as he began to notice I was barely reacting. "Is... everything alright?" He asked softly, his cheeks flushing red with embarrassment.

I narrowed my eyes for a quick second before shrugging him off. "Just distracted," I replied truthfully.

His eyes expanded slightly as he shuffled off of me, scrambling around the room for his shirt. "Shit sorry, Kaiyo."

I watched uninterested and unmoved as he redressed. "It's alright. You're not that particularly self-aware, anyways."

I noticed him shoot me an annoyed glance but I didn't mind, leaning back on the bed trying to suppress a smirk. It was silent for a bit, but the quiet bothered me so I decided to submit to my curiosity.

"What are you in this school for?"

"Huh?"

"How did you fuck up enough to land yourself a spot here, is what I mean," I clarified, peeping over at Taechan who took a seat on the bed across the room.

He sighed heavily but replied nonetheless. "I really like watching shit burn."

"Care to explain?" I pressured, amused.

"I'm not sure how to explain it. One day when I was 8 I turned up the gas on the grill outside. The food started burning and it went up in flames. Ever since then I just liked the feeling of the heat on my skin."

"Is lighting a candle not enough for you, pretty boy?" I continued, rolling over onto my side so I could properly look at him.

He looked... nerved yet delighted as well. Like he was recalling good memories that had awful results. "Used to be. But one day I decided the small flames were enough, so I lit bigger ones. I suppose the final straw was lighting the garage on fire."

"You suppose?" I asked skeptically, laughing a bit. "It's almost as if that's a big problem!"

Taechan chuckled, shaking his head a bit. "It's whatever. I thought that if I behaved I'd be able to get out of this shit hole. But I realized they don't let you leave till graduation, even if you have gotten better."

"I see. Then there's really no point in following the rules, huh?"

"I thought so too. Until what happened to Zavier everyone thought they were invincible."

The mention of Zavier's name sparked my interest, as I perked up immediately. Even Taechan noticed the change of mood. The soft smirk that rarely left my face grew slowly into a mischievous smile.

"What happened with Zavier?" I questioned nothing but bad intentions and thoughts of exploiting drifting through my mind.

A wise woman once said, knowledge is more powerful than any amount of psychical strength. 

Oh, Zavier, as ironic as this is, you can't rely on abuse to save you anymore. 

A/N

A/N

My brain is void of creativity. I haven't written anything but analytical essays and lab papers in months. I feel like I'm losing my sparkle v.v

either way, i really want to get back into it so I'll TRY, to post again soon.

QOTD: Opinions on this chapter? I haven't written in a while (obviously) and I feel like my skills are going down down down.

Thanks for being here :)

Much love - Kujiis