II. BLACKMAIL

Chapter two

Chapter two

"You're going to love it here," My mother assured, rubbing my arm as she and Father began leaving the principal's office.

Although I only just arrived, I can confirm many things about this place. It looks like Hogwarts but smaller and less magical. Oh, and more dead plants. They should really do something about that. Even the few patches of grass were dying. I nodded my head, frankly not caring that they were leaving me in this jail-like school. Only concerned with who my roommate would be and why the fuck the principal was staring at me like I were roasted s'mores.

Shrugging, I watched them give me a weary smile, and then leave the room completely.

Leaving it to be just me and the 600-pound "principal" in the room. "So," He began, clearing his throat and pushing himself up from the chair. "I've been notified you were quite the troublemaker in your previous school."

Glaring in disgust, because his face truly made me angry, I nodded. "And? What about it?"

"This school doesn't tolerate that type of bullshit," He snapped, spinning towards me with narrowed eyes. "I won't even bother going over the rules because I'm sure you understand very well what I mean by that."

He was a grumpy little fella, that was for sure. He'd be fun to mess with over the next few years. A new play toy, as I saw it. "Would you like me to pretend to care? Would that make you feel more validated?"

His face tightened up like a knot, looking at me with the same disgust I felt for him. "The punishments for bad behavior are quite simple. Detentions, Sunday cleaning, extra schoolwork, therapy, and behavioral specialist appointments, and among my favorite... taking away cafeteria privileges."

"Looks like you'd need that more than me," I sneered, glancing up and down at him. I'm not one to fat shame. Actually, it depends on the person and day. But there is a difference between being simply curvier and nearing the 600-pound mark. My dear principal looked as if he was.

The man was going to reply, but as he opened his mouth to do so, the door office door flew open. In walked a boy in this school's ugly school uniform and frizzy curly hair. "Mrs. Vice said you needed me, sir?"

"Ah, my boy! Of course!" The principal clapped his hands together which created an echo in the dull room. A nasty smile arose his face, and he waved the boy over. "This is our new student."

The boy turned to look at me, and something about his lack of interest made me smile. "Okay?" He said though it seemed like a question.

"Introduce yourselves, why don't you?" The principal urged.

Glancing back at the boy, I rolled my eyes, stretching in the chair. "I would but I don't care. Can you cut to the point? I'm already bored of this."