XIX. YOU KNOW NOTHING

Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

FREEZING in the doorway, Zavier's eyes seemed to auto-lock onto where I was sitting on the couch. He blinked aggressively, flashing between me and Taechan.

Clenching his jaw, he stared right at me. "What is she doing here."

"We're studying," Taechan replied, pursing his lips.

I didn't break eye contact, neither of us did. Thick tension filled the room, which was more prominent after finding out Zavier was mad at not just me, but Taechan as well. He was wearing a black turtleneck that was pulled down over the top of dark denim jeans and black dress shoes. Rings lined nearly every finger, and his grip on the books he was holding tightened till the skin was paling.

"The library?"

"I couldn't focus there."

"Learn how to," He spat angrily. He seemed to already be in a bad mood, and I'm sure our presence wasn't helping.

As if things couldn't get worse, the same man from that one night under the moon walked in, giving Zavier a playful shove forward before slinging his arm over his shoulder.

Devon, that was his name. His boyish smile dropped quickly noticing the vibe of the room. "Taechan," He said simply, nodding his head towards us.

"Hey, Dev," he replied, a small smile replacing the frown on his face. "How was the student council meeting?" Does this shit ass school have a student council?

"Good. Jasmine being an annoying fuck as usual, but good," He replied. "Everything alright?"

Zavier still hadn't looked away from me. "Everything is perfect. More than perfect, actually. Kaiyo, can I talk to you outside for a quick second?"

"But, I'm busy studying," I replied, giving him an artificial smile just to piss him off.

Not waiting for even a second, Zavier shrugged, his tongue pressing against the side of his mouth with an arrogant grin. Pacing across the room, he seized my arm pulling me off the couch so unexpectedly that the books in my lap hit the floor.

"Zavier-," Taechan began, reaching out to pull me backward.

"Touch her again and I'll kill you," Zavier snapped, his gaze like a bullet slicing through the air. "You've had your turn, I'll have mine."

Being outside alone with Zavier might've been more awkward than being inside the room with everyone glaring between us.

"I don't want you and Taechan talking," he said after a while of staring off into the courtyard behind me.

Zavier thinking that his opinion on what I should and shouldn't do almost made me cry tears of joy. Instead, I gave him a small polite smile. "That's wonderful! I don't care at all, however, anything else?" 

His hand circled my arm as I tried to re-enter the room, pulling me back towards him again. "Seriously, Kaiyo."

"Why the hell not?" I bitterly questioned. Taechan felt like... a friend? Maybe that's pushing it, but he was tolerable and I don't have many -- if anyone -- in my life that I can put up with. "Give me one fucking reason that won't make me slap you."

Zavier closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose as if asking for an explanation was the most insufferable thing he's ever been requested of.

When he finally looked back at me, his expression was somehow even more serious. "He's just dangerous."

I stared at the man before me blankly, confused out of my fucking mind. I don't know how long I gaped before breaking out into witchy laughter. "No fucking way are you sitting in a school for delinquents telling me someone is dangerous," I shrieked, still not believing my ears.

"Listen to me," He snapped as his grip tightened.

"Are you listening to yourself, Zavier? Seriously."

"Can you just fucking trust me on this?" He sighed heavily, looking tired of my bullshit. How fucking dare he. I was tired of his existence. He doesn't get to be tired, irritated, or anguished. Not after what he puts me through.

"No, I can't."

Finally releasing the grip on my arm, Zavier straightened himself and his fancy-schmancy turtleneck out. "Fine. Then don't end up crying yourself to sleep once Taechan hurts you."

"He can't do as much damage as you've already done."

"Oh my god Kaiyo, you said it yourself. You're in a school for delinquents and your standing here underestimating him? You know what, go fuck him. Go be his best fucking friend, it'll do nothing but backfire."

"Zavier, if I knew any better I'd say you were jealous."

"Then you don't know any better at all."

"Excuse me?"

"Enjoy his company, Kaiyo. Don't get burned."

And with that, Zavier shoved past me, hitting my shoulder as he re-entered the room. I heard him call for Devon, and the next second they were passing me with arrogant stonecold looks on their faces. 

Don't get burned. For fucks sake.

 For fucks sake

A/N

Only took 18 chapters for it to get somewhat spicy I call this a W

Much love - Kujiis