IV. SEPERATION ANXIETY

Chapter four

Chapter four

"Wake up."

My plan for the day was simple, really. Sleep in, figure out what the fuck is going on in my life, and sleep more. Being a nuisance was not on my list of things to do, that was saved for tomorrow. But the idea was becoming more and more appealing as Zavier roughly stood in front of the mirror fixing his school uniform, repeating "wake up" until my head hurt from hearing it.

Groaning, I turned in my bed to face the wall. "Scratch that if you do stab me in my sleep be sure to only hit vital organs. I rather die than wake up to see your face."

"If you don't get out of bed the next time I do stab you I'll make sure you'll be awake to feel it," He threatened, ripping the sheets off my body.

Curling up instantly into a tiny ball, shivering, my arm reached out to retrieve the bedsheets. "Piss off," I grumbled, my brain scanning past the words "next time" and ignoring them.

Almost instantly my cover was ripped from my grasp against, but this time when I peeked open an eye I could see Zavier folding up the comforter and placing it on my desk. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up slowly, yawning, and stretching.

"I don't remember giving you permission to touch me or my shit," I mumbled, shivering from the cold. Glancing over out the window to see the sun hadn't even risen yet and the window sitting wide open, I raised my eyebrow looking back over at Zavier who was already dressed in his uniform. Sitting back at his desk, doing what he always did, studying.

"What time is it?" I expected a response, instead, I was answered with silence and the sound of a page-turning. "Ok, good talk."

Taking the time to glance at my phone that was plugged into the wall, I saw it was 5:34 AM. "Why the fuck did you wake me up so early," I snapped bitterly, retrieving my comforter and hurridly moving back into bed. Classes didn't start till 8, so why I was awake at 5:35 is a question that had no good answer.

Another 5 minutes passed of me just trying to fall back asleep. And just as I was drifting back off to sleep I hear a chair scraping the ground and Zavier slowly walking over to me. He didn't say anything for a solid minute, but I could just feel his presence standing over me. Opening one eye, I saw I was correct as he was just standing there looking at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, annoyed more than ever.

"Wake up."

"I am awake, am I not?"

"Kaiyo, I don't have time for your bullshit today, tomorrow, or ever. I have things I need to do before class in about 30 minutes, actually. And you have to come," He said formally, his face distasteful as he stared down at me. "If you do not get up and get dressed I will dress you myself. The more you act like a disobedient 5-year-old the more I will treat you like one."