I. ABOUT DAMN TIME

Chapter one

Chapter one

"Are you listening to me," The mother of Kaiyo Masaki snapped. Aggressively grabbing the wrist of her daughter who was calmly walking towards the car, ignoring the situation that just took place.

The situation, being the expulsion of Kaiyo.

Turning towards her mother, looking smugly at the small woman, Kaiyo simply pulled her hand away. "Of course I'm listening, Mother. How could I not when your obnoxious voice is basically screaming every second?"

Mrs. Masaki was going to respond, slap some sense into her daughter, but she quickly backed down. Nothing she nor her husband ever said took effect or changed the actions of their rebellious daughter. The worst part was they couldn't figure out where they went wrong. Why was Kaiyo more in love with the idea of being abusive and crude than just being a civilized person with morals?

And after years of paying extra to maintain their daughter's position as a student at the prestigious private school she attended, they finally had enough of Kaiyo's bullshit. Expelling her, after the 13th strike, to be exact.

In case you were wondering what those 13 things were, that caused the school board to have such hatred towards a single student, I'll list them.

1. Talking back to a teacher.
2. Pushing a student down half a flight of stairs due to them walking too slow.
3. Pushing the same student down a full flight of stairs after being angered they didn't break a leg or arm the first time.
4. Slamming the same student's nonbroken arm in a locker causing damage to the wrist and fingers.
5. Leaving class during the middle of a test and walking freely into the teachers' lounge.
6. Dumping a cart of library books on the librarian "by accident"
7. Threatening a teacher by saying she'd set their classroom on fire.
8. Actually attempt setting classroom on fire, unsuccessful
9. Trying again, this time very successful and the school had to evacuate the building. Thankfully only one classroom was damaged.
10. Ripping up the Midterm test packet and walking out of the classroom.
11. Spitting at a lunch lady who spit in her food (though who would believe her)
12. Recording and laughing as a fellow student was beaten up.
13. Last but not least, cutting a girl with a plastic knife after being threatened with the same knife.

And may I add, those were just the things occurred during the 1st semester of Junior year, high school. The first 3 months.

You may think Kaiyo has anger issues, or something such as bipolar disorder, or literally anything medical that causes her to do what she does. But after many, many trips to the doctors about it, she wasn't diagnosed with any of the above.

It seemed to be she just simply enjoyed watching people suffer. Mr and Mrs. Masaki were even worried, speaking quietly among themselves saying that their daughter had the personality traits of a serial killer.

But Kaiyo had a limit and very few exceptions, with how far she'd go. Though that limit has never been pushed or even gotten close to, so not many but herself know what it is.

Climbing into the car, Kaiyo rested her head against the back of the seat, closing her eyes and smiling to herself.

People had it all wrong about her, and she knew it. Kaiyo didn't like watching people suffer and even seeing them cry or bleed had gotten old. She liked seeing people angry. Fuming, undoubtfully pissed beyond imaginable. She liked the expression on adults faces as she smiled while recieving yet another detention, suspension, or scolding.

In fact, she loved it.

She never thought through what she did that much. It was just cause and effect with Kaiyo. She didn't care what happened along the way as long as it happened. And she never thought long term either.

Kaiyo was the definition of "living life on the edge"... except the edge of sanity of course. The carride was silent, and along with when they arrived home and Kaiyo sauntered off to her room, ignoring the scolding and yelling from her father and her little brother, the golden child, peeping out at her from his own bedroom. 

Stressed beyond belief, Mrs. Masaki sat down, pouring herself and her husband a drink on the kitchen counter.

"What are supposed to do with her?" Mr. Masaki sighed, pressed the cold glass to his lips and taking a little sip. "Expelled. For cutting a girl. What has she become?"

"She's the same as ever. I'm just thankful she isn't in jail already," Mrs Masaki agreed, shaking her head. "I thought this was just a rebellious phase, but no. Kaiyo has passed all the limits."

"I didn't think it'd come to this," Her husband scowled. "Boarding school was never something I considered with her. I thought, if any, school would be where her behavior improved."

"She's getting worse, I agree," And with that, both of their minds were decided. 

Boarding school it was. It seemed to be the last resort. And with Kaiyo still on track to take over the family business, which the idea seemed more and more unreasonable every passing second, the two adults had no other choice.

Although, Kaiyo herself was just counting the days for her parents to crack next. Boarding school was practically on the list of places she wanted to visit. It was about time, she thought to herself.

Kaiyo didn't want to cut the girl. She was a tad disappointed that that act was the last thing she'd get to do at that school. She wanted to make her grand depart. Maybe do something a little funny for once in her life rather than just threatening. But of course that little 9th grader had to try to fight her after some rumor was made that Kaiyo hooked up with her 11th grade boyfriend.

"As if," She scoffed, turning over in her bed and looking out one of the windows.

That was the one-time Kaiyo did something because she was angry. Usually her actions were just due to the fact she was bored and wanted to see her old hag of a principal angry again. "Better get packing," She whispered, a small smile still resting upon her lips.

Even Kaiyo herself knew that she's was being sent to boarding school, even if she had yet to hear her parents tell her. After finding out her parents were bribing the school board to not expell her sooner, she'd just been looking for ways to press all their buttons. 

Even if the ways were a little extreme. The sooner the better, right? She'd gotten bored of that high school after the first year in 9th grade.

"About damn time."

A/N

A/N

as usual.... i'm shit at first chapters. This is written in 3rd person/1st person narrator. But I think I'll make the rest of the book in 1st person Kaiyo.

Anyway :)

I'm super exciting for this book like super duper extremely excited so I hope you guys like it so far!

Q/A: Based on what you'd read so far, what's your opinion on Kaiyo?