VII. GET OFF YOUR THRONE

Chapter seven

Chapter seven

"Zavier?" The other girl with tanned skin and shoulder-length brown hair questioned, who I assumed was Kera.

Mercel nodded simply,  closing the bathroom door behind us. Kera scoffed, crossing her arms. "Can't believe we thought he was improving."

"He is," Mercel confessed, pulling a makeup bag out of Kera's backpack. "Better than before. I think Kaiyo is a new trigger for him."

Deciding not to question anything, because they seemed to know more about Zavier than I couldn't even care enough about to learn. Mercel gestured for me to walk over, so I moved slowly from my position standing at the door.

"I can't apologize for him, or make any excuses. So I'll just say we'll try to talk to him," Kera said, giving a sympathetic shrug. For some reason, these two didn't look like they'd do anything harmful to be here. Yet, neither did I in that sense.

Mercel snorted, pulling out a paper towel and dampening it slightly with cold water. "As if he'd listen to us. He always says he'll stop and then ends up beating the shit out of someone."

"He has no reason to stop. He doesn't have any consequences either."

"Fucking useless pedophile," Mercel cursed under her breath.

"Pedophile?" I finally questioned, speaking up.

Mercel glanced over at Kera nervously, but Kera just shrugged in reply. Looking back at me, she tossed her stick brown hair over her shoulder, though it didn't really do anything. "The principal, Mr. Doven. He's a pedo, but no one in the school does shit to stop him because of his power and money. Disgusting groomer."

"I feel like Zavier wouldn't want me to know this."

"He wouldn't, but if you deserve to know why he's the way he is. Especially if he's gonna take it out on you," Kera voiced. "You're too pretty to be left thinking it's your fault he's a dick."

"Anyway, Zavier's been his toy since he stepped foot here in 9th grade. At least from what he tells us. But even we know he's lying. Probably been fucked with since 6th, though," Mercel continued

"6th grade-?"

"Mr. Doven is Zavier's dad. Well, stepdad. His Mom died, and Mr. Doven got full custody," Kera quickly explained, cutting me off.

"Zavier doesn't let us get involved anymore. He probably still cares about that fatass on some level."

A lot of things didn't make sense with that. And everything they just shared pieced together in my head awfully slow. Zavier treated his "stepdad" like an acquaintance. But it did make sense, I remember Mr. Doven calling Zavier 'my boy'. Probably why also doesn't give a fuck what Zavier does and neither does any of the teachers. The most shocking thing that I couldn't even fully process the seriousness of was Zavier being groomed. By his own stepdad.