XIII. I WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE

Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen

"I DON'T KNOW the details," Taechan began, rolling his eyes a bit but continuing nevertheless. "No one does."

"Then what do you know," I pressed on. If Zavier can read all my files, I can at least rack up some dirt on him too. It was only fair, no?

"Zavier was caught drunk in one of the courtyards after hours. Except by Mr. Doven. No one knows exactly what he said," The spark of color in Taechan's eyes slowly faded as he talked. 

Why was he lying to me? 

Not intervening, Taechan continued, "but whatever it was pissed Zavier off and he knocked Mr. Doven out. Beat the shit out of the guy, which was in all honesty deserved. The schools' security guards noticed once everyone started watching. It was like a fucking warzone, just Zavier fighting all of the guards."

Taechan paused, glancing at me with expectancy. Faking a saddened look, I furrowed my eyebrows. "Holy shit," I murmured, waiting for him to finish the story.

Sighing heavily, he shifted his position on the end of the bed and kept going. "It got really, really, bloody. When they finally restrained Zavier he was taken away somewhere into the main office and no one saw him for like a week. Short videos of him being tied up in those psycho straight jacket shits were leaked, but everyone thinks Mr. Doven did it to make an example out of him."

This school was a fucking psych ward and no one could do shit about it, and I'm not sure if that only intrigued me or scared me. I could only try to imagine the shit Mr. Doven did to Zavier during that week.

I'm sure the straight jacket was the least brutal thing he experienced. I'm sure Taechan knew that too.

"Is that why no one steps out of line?"

Standing up, signaling the dismissal of the topic, Taechan began fumbling with random items around the room. "I mean, of course, there are still people that don't care, but no one would do anything awful enough as him."

I nodded my head, standing up with contentment. "Well, I guess I should get back to the dorm before curfew then."

I couldn't see his face exactly, but I knew Taechan was relieved. Just before I left the room, he called out my name. "Can you...maybe avoid mentioning you know this to Zavier? It's still kinda awkward between me and him"

I smiled softly, knowing that my plans were much different from his accord. "Of course, I won't say a word, love."

It didn't take much to ignore the look of uncertainty he gave me before I closed the door. But then again, by the time I entered my own dorm building, that promise was already out of my mind.

"What. The. Fuck," I demanded, my eyes, unfortunately, scanning the view in front of me.