XXII. GOOD

Chapter Twenty-Three

!! argument and abuse warning, skip if uncomfortable.

ANOTHER DAY, another argument with Zavier to ruin it.

For the past two weeks, this has been our routine. I wake up before him or he wakes up before me, either way, one of us is gone by the time the second is awake. Avoid eye contact in class, eat lunch alone depending on which one of us can get to the little clubroom where Devon, Taechan, Mercel, and Kera all eat first. Then after our classes together involving last period, a very stressful physics course where we sit directly next to each other, I go to the library with Taechan and Zavier goes either somewhere with Devon or back to the dorm.

I'd been trying to stay true to my promise to go to the gym with Mercel as often as possible, but she was significantly more of a gym rat than I was so sessions were intense.

By the time I got back to the dorm, Zavier was always gone. He'd return just minutes before I went to bed looking like shit, or not come back until I was asleep and I'd figure it out when I woke up.

Weekends were harder to ignore Zavier with the lack of classwork and urgency to be anywhere. I also considered my weekends as my downtime, which involved spending time alone and relaxing. "Self-care" and all that shit.

Which is what I was in the middle of doing -- applying a facemask -- when Zavier walked in. He had woken up pissed and already made his snarky comment of the day this morning, so I didn't expect him to directly start another fight.

"I don't know why you act like this is your room when you weren't ever even supposed to be here!" He yelled, waving his hand at the candle that triggered the whole fight.

Yes, a fucking candle. Apparently, the smell was too feminine and smelled gross so he couldn't breathe. Which in my eyes, is only a good thing honestly.

"You don't see me crying my ass off when you spray that gross-ass linen mist," I replied, rolling my eyes. "It's like you're an old woman and don't even realize it."

"My room, my decision on what it smells like."

"A candle is too much but a fucking linen and room spray isn't?" I repeated, enunciating the linen part. "Are you joking?"

"Kaiyo-."

"Zavier."

"I've been leaving you alone for 2 weeks, so if I say it's too much, it is."

"Are you kidding me?" I screeched. "Yesterday you played that annoying ass guitar right next to my bed at 6 AM, but you've been leaving me alone?"

Zavier shrugged as if it simply didn't happen at all. "I needed to practice."

"At 6 AM?"

"Okay well the day before you set an alarm for every 5 minutes and left your phone here the whole morning," He argues back.