V. BE REASONABLE

Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Somehow, I actually did end up getting lost. And somehow, not purposely. I just went to the lady's room, not even taking that long, and when I exited Zavier who said he would wait outside was gone.

Somehow, in some way, he executed my own plan for me. I was confused and slightly disappointed it wasn't under my terms, but I could use this to my advantage. Taking the time to just mindlessly walk around. Not even using the map on my phone, literally just walking around until the hallways began getting crowded.

Eventually, I passed like the 18th bench I'd seen today, and tired, I sat down. Leaning back and stretching. The people that passed didn't look like bad kids. In fact, they looked pretty normal. I was always told I looked like I'd run over the next person that even glanced at me wrong.

I used to laugh at that idea until the 10th grade when I started having a recurring nightmare where I'd be driving on a highway in circles until suddenly a road would appear. And every time I turned down that road it would instantly get dark outside and a person would randomly appear in the road. Every time I'd slam on the breaks, because what the fuck, obviously. The face of the person would merge and transform into a different person I know until it always came to someone specific. Someone I hated, dreaded, and yet feared so much I'd push on the gas without hesitation. Seconds before the car would crash into them I'd wake up.

And although it was terrifying every time I had that dream, I was always left with a feeling of dissatisfaction. Sometimes I think that if I were to see that person again in real life I'd kill them without a second thought.

I must've started daydreaming because when I snapped out of it and looked at my phone, it was 8:14.

The class had already started and the hallways were empty as they were this morning. Standing up, I yawned and opened up the map. I could go to my first class. I mean I'd still get in trouble as I would be 20 minutes late, at least. But at least I'd be there, right? Or I could go back to my dorm and sleep.

Since the answer was far from obvious as which was the right one to pick, I started in the way of my dorm.

Until, of course, I heard the same voice that made me want to stab myself and them repeatedly.

"Are you fucking insane," They snapped, grabbing my arm and spinning me around.

"Goodmorning," I beamed, wiping the disgust from my face. "Lovely to see you too!"

"You had one job. One rule to follow. How childish are you?" He roughly said his grip tightening.

"Well, to be fair," I replied bitterly, and trying to twist my arm out of his hand (unsuccessfully). "You did leave me. It's not my fault I got lost! I'm still new, Zavier."