XXIV. BLESSING

Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

!! argument and abuse warning, skip if uncomfortable.

"Do you know why you're both here today?" Mr. Doven was once again facing his walls of diplomas and certificates, all hung nicely in picture frames that were anything but modest. 

His eyes were glued to the wall, refusing to look at me or Zavier sitting in a chair a reasonable distance away; his hand was handcuffed to the chair and mine was as well. The cuffs hurt  my wrist every time I fidgeted, which resulted in me being so utterly still for the past 5 minutes as we sat in silence that my bum began to hurt. 

There was a silent security guard in the corner of my room and I could see her shift her stance every minute or so from the corner of my eye. The rest of the guards were stationed outside the room, also probably waiting for Principal Cow to get to the fucking point.

Noticing he wasn't going to get a response from either of us, Mr. Doven continued. "Kaiyo, when you first came to this school, I told you that we don't tolerate bullshit. Did I not?"

No answer.

"So now, explain why you did what you did?"

Because I said I would. That was the simplest answer. Aside from that, there wasn't much else of an answer. I always said I didn't know my limits, or how far I would go because I'd never been angered that much to reach a limit.

Well this time I had been, so I went all the way.

Unfortunately, Zavier was still alive sitting next to me, so I suppose that shows some sort of failure on my part. Along with the fact that even though I said I would kill him, I never got to the point.

Honestly, the closest I got was hitting him with that precious guitar we bought when we went out. The handle broke before I could do any more damage that I already caused.

"Explain!" Mr. Doven yelled, slamming his hand down on the table in response to my silence. 

His fat little head had turned an awkward shade of purple and red, and it made me wonder whether he was getting any air inside his lungs.

I opened my mouth to begin, but Zavier was already cutting me off. "Because she's psychotic."

Scoffing, I rolled my eyes. "Didn't you try to kill me first?"

"Do you have memory loss?"

"Last time I recall throwing a glass candle and metal speaker at someone's head is attempted murder," I spat bitterly, still upset he was alive. 

Mr. Doven was fuming, but his eyes were closed and he once again was breathing heavily but the color of his face didn't reflect that. "I have no choice but to separate you both. And you Zavier, seriously? Destruction of property? I thought you'd be the more promising one."

The way he said separate made it sound like a curse. He should've done that from the fucking beginning. "No cafeteria privileges for a week, both of you will do Sunday and Saturday cleaning for a month, and behavioral specialist appointments every Tuesday afternoon. If I see one slip up, the next destination will be prison."

There was more silence, maybe he was waiting for one of us to cry about how much we didn't deserve it. But we did.

"Now get the fuck out of my office and don't let me see you again."

The security guard finally left the corner of the room, removing the handcuffs from me and Zavier. 

I felt like I could see the light at the end of the tunnel as we both packed our stuff into boxes to move to new rooms. It was a blessing and it wasn't even disguised. I'd be away from that sick animal and I'd never have to see him privately again, I was for once ecstatic at my punishment, overjoyed even.

Whatever other fancy word describes happiness, I've never had to think about it anyway.

I didn't have much stuff, not as much as Zavier, so I was fully packed with just a box, suitcase, and backpack to transport to the girls' dorms.

Just as I was about the leave the room, performing a balancing act with all my stuff, Zavier cleared his throat.

"Kaiyo," He called out.

I turned to look at him, trying not to gag at the sight of him standing there looking like a lost puppy. He almost looked innocent, but I couldn't forget what he did to me.

Dare I say I'd been officially put in my place?

The thought made me nauseous. 

"What," I snapped, peering at him over the box I was holding with one hand.

"I'm...," He swallowed hard, like a rock was stuck in his throat. "I'm sorry for everything I did to you."

I don't know when my hands turned to liquid and when the box I was holding began feeling like cobwebs under my grip. But it happened and suddenly the box full of clothes was on the floor and my suitcase was the next to fall.

Doubling over, primarily in shock, the most wicked laugh left my mouth. I couldn't tell if I was just screeching or laughing.

My throat started drying out, and I couldn't help but literally choke on the air and stifle my laughs with my hand.

Zavier didn't say anything else, and peeking out through my eyelashes I saw he was just staring at me helplessly. The security guard who was standing outside must've heard me actually dying, as he came in and picked up my box and suitcase.

"Enough!" He screamed, pushing them back into my hands, he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room.

I was still laughing hysterically as the security guard pulled me down the hallway, people's heads peeking out from their dorm rooms as I was dragged past.

We were about to get into the elevator when I looked back and saw Zavier standing by our door, looking at me thoughtfully.

"FUCK YOU ZAVIER!" I called out, in between laughs. The security shook his head, thrusting me into the elevator so I didn't get the chance to see his reaction as I left.

I've been meaning to say that, I thought extensively, the doors to the elevator closing behind me.

A/N

HI ITS BEEN A WHILE LOL

don't forget to comment and vote!

Much love - Kujiis