XXV. PAYBACK

Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

FORCING OUT a despaired sob, trying my best to feign sadness, I gave Taechan the most intense puppy-dog eyes I could.

"Pleaseee," I begged, latching onto his arm.

Rolling his eyes at my tricks, he laughed to himself. "It's not my place to share."

I groaned, tired of playing the innocent act. "No one ever tells me anything. I just want to know!"

Somewhere during our post-class study session, we began gossiping about some of the other students. It was only when I asked why Devon, Kera, and Mercel were in the school that Taechan got all hesitant

"They won't even know you said anything," I egged him on. "It'll be between us. Who the fuck do I have to tell anyways?"

Looking at me thoughtfully, he finally nodded his head, yes, sighing heavily. Celebrating with a smirk and kiss on the cheek, I leaned back in my chair ready for the answers.

"God, where do I start-."

"Start with Devon," I cut him off, already too excited.

Taechan narrowed his eyes at me but continued nonetheless. "Devon basically... well he..."

"Spit it out, for Christ's sake!"

"I don't want to make them seem so evil!" He retorted putting his hands up in defense.

I rolled my eyes. "Everyone here is partly evil, that's why we are here."

He sighed, nodding in agreement. "Devon basically attacked his dad, sent him into like a month-long coma."

"Holy fuck," I murmured, wondering what type of anger would someone have to acquire to send someone into a coma. "And Kera?"

He paused, looking around dramatically before leaning in even closer. "She's one of the teachers, daughter. She's just here to be here."

Oh, how boring.

He laughed, leaning back. "Her Mom's a single mother and they live like 5 minutes away. Kera gets to go here for free and she doesn't live in the dorms. She drives every day."

"Why would she willingly come here instead of public school, though," I wondered. I don't have many memories from public school, as I was only in it for a few months before being transferred to numerous private schools.

I can say the quality of education and resources was a noticeable difference separating private and public.

"Mercel's her childhood friend," Taechan explained, studying my face for any reaction.

Slamming both hands to my cheeks, I dropped my jaw open to replicate the express from Home Alone. "Wow!"

He laughed, shoving my shoulder and turning back to our unfinished homework on the table. "Shut up, man."