Ch. 13 - First Birthdays and Oh No

Percy's POV:

The past week had been filled with cakes, gifts, invitations, and of course Aphrodite. She insisted on planning our son's first birthday. Annabeth had pretty much been clinging to Charlie ever since we started planning his birthday.

Right now she was sitting in our room with him watching Finding Nemo. I walked upstairs and saw her holding Charlie and smiling. I stood in the doorway and stared at her for a second. She looked up and noticed me.

"What?", she asked.

"Is it wrong to look at my hot wife and my beautiful child." I said smirking. I walked towards them and jumped on the bed, Charlie giggled.

"Hey buddy, how is it going?", I said putting him in my lap.

"Heyyy", Beth whined.

"Nope I haven't seen my son all day", I said then noticed her sad face. I put my finger on her chin and tilted her head towards me.

"My baby is growing up.", she pouted.

"Honey I know it's hard but he is only one. I mean he hasn't even hit puberty yet." I said trying to lighten the mood. She just hit me with a pillow. I simply laughed.

About Three Hours Later...

I was surrounded by blue, I mean it was my favorite color but still. Charlie was currently in the play room with Meredith, Piper and Annabeth with them. I was having a drink with Jason, Leo, and the Stolls in the living room. Then I heard tiny feet walking towards the living room. The boys all screamed with there was a touchdown on the T.V.. I heard a thud and the wails followed.

"Thanks guys", I said getting up. I picked up Charlie and started to soothe him.

"Owwww" he said whimpering.

"It's okay little man. Come watch the game with the boys.", I said and he just nodded. I sat on the couch and Charlie started wiggling.

"Uncle Leo", I handed him to Leo.

"Hey dude. I can't w to have my own son or just kid." Leo smiled down at Charlie.

"have you and Calypso been trying?", Jason asked.

"Ya, she think she is pregnant but because she is like part titan or whatever we aren't sure she can have kids." he said frowning.

"Don't give up", I said.

"Ya we went to the doctors and they said she was but we aren't sure.", he said frowning slightly.

"Don't worry you guys will have kids." Conner said.

"Guys, time for cake.", Beth called.

"Come on buddy time for cake.' I said picking up Charlie. I walked to the dining room where everyone was gathered. I lit the candles on the blue (of course) cake and we all sang to him. Charlie just clapped along.

After we cut a piece for Charlie he smashed the whole cake in his face and then just laughed. He picked it up and oozed the icing through his fingers.

"Oh boy a trouble maker at 1," Annabeth said shaking her head.

"That's my kind of guy!" Travis said.

At the end of it Beth and i set Charlie in his crib and then we walked back to our bedroom. We got into bed and lied down. Annabeth layed her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

Three months Later...

Annabeth's POV:

Charlie and Meredith were playing in the play room while Piper, Katie Hazel, Calypso and i all sat on the couch and talked. Katie was due any day now and Calypso was about three months along.

"Guys I think I want another baby soon.", I said.

"me too." Piper said.

"Are you sure guys you literally just had kids." Hazel said. You see Hazel was old fashioned so her and Frank were waiting a little longer for them to have kids considering Hazel had just turned 21 while we were all a couple years older.

"Yes, I mean Charlie will start pre-school soon and I can't imagine being home alone." I said. Piper just nodded. Katie groaned.

"I just want this baby out of me first." she said rubbing her stomach.

"You only have a few more weeks" Calypso said.

"A few weeks too many" Katie replied. We all laughed, then we heard Calypso groan.

"Calypso what's wrong", I said touching her arm.

"I think something is wrong with the baby", she said fear in her eyes.

"It will be okay, Piper call Leo. Let's take you to the hospital." I said taking her to the car the girls following.

Once we got to the hospital the doctors took her into a room. About ten minutes later Leo arrived he went to her room. A minute or so later the doctor called us in. When I entered the room I saw a little incubator against the wall then on the opposite side was Calypso in a bed crying with Leo's arms around, tears also in his eyes.

I gasped,"No"

Calypso just continued to sob. Then the doctor started talking.

"The baby was just genetically unable to grow. It was born but was unable to survive. If you would like to see it, the baby is right over there.", he said then walked out. I walked over to the incubator and looked down. There inside was the smallest baby I had ever scene. I could tell some of the baby's features though. All I could really tell was that it was a boy.

I gave Calypso a hug and murmured an I'm so sorry. The rest of the boys came in. My eyes met Percy's and I just shook my head. He patted Leo on the back.

When Percy and I finally went home I couldn't help but think about what I had just watched someone experience. If I ever lost I child I don't think I could handle it. Then I truly realized what I wanted to do. I turned to Percy.

"Percy"

"Ya, Beth"

"I want another baby"