Ch. 45 - Zoe's 11th Birthday

Annabeth's POV:

Today was the day that Zoe turned 11 and I was a nervous wreck. Even though it wasn't her 13th, I was still nervous. knew it was coming. We had all been making sure she hadn't been using her gift so the effect wouldn't be as bad. I guess I just didn't trust Hera.

"Mom, your hands are shaking again." Charlie said walking past me.

"Oh, right." I said trying to control my nerves.

"She is going to be fine mom." He said.

"I know I know, I'm just...what if Hera was wrong and her blackouts start at 11?"

"Ok yeah sure Mom, a goddess was wrong..." Charlie says shaking his head and chuckling. Awwww kids, so naive.

Today was the last day of camp so when all our friends went to pick up their kids, they would swing over to the Jackson Party Zone and we would celebrate Zoe's birthday. I had personally wanted to have her party at camp but that was apparently "too embarrassing" for Zoe. Percy and I went and picked up Charlie and Zoe really early so we could set up for the party, and I always enjoyed picking them up from camp so I didn't really want to send them with a friend.

"Hey Charlie could you grab the door? I think the Valdez family has arrived!" I yelled to him from the kitchen, quickly washing the last dish. I could see Ellie through the window.

"Hello Jacksons," Leo said entering the house.

"Dad, please stop being so dramatic," Ellie said rolling her eyes while coming in behind Leo and Calypso.

"Oh please, I'm anything but dramatic," Leo said hugging Charlie and then squeezing the life out of the twins.

"Hey Leo, Calypso!" I said hugging them both.

"Where's Percy and Zoe?" Calypso asked.

"Percy took Zoe to visit Poseidon today. He wanted to talk to her or something. Percy just texted me, they are on their way home though," I said as the doorbell rang again.

"Charlie can you grab that again?" I ask. Charlie opens the door and the Graces walk in. Meredith jumps into Charlie's arms to hug him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. I was so happy they finally were a thing.

"Hey guys!" I say hugging Jason and Piper. Before I can close the door Katie and Travis walk in with Greta and RJ.

"Heyyyy," Katie says hugging me. After everyone exchanged hugs we realized Zoe and Percy had arrived.

"Wow, birthday girl doesn't even get noticed," Zoe says to Percy. They both smile at each other then start laughing. Those two.

"Oh, my favorite niece," Leo says dramatically before crushing Zoe in a hug. There are a chorus of 'heys' throughout the room.

"Thank you Uncle Leo but, you do know we're not actually related right." Zoe says trying breathe.

"Oh pish posh my darling." Leo says putting her down.

After the Diangelos, the other Stolls, the Zhangs, and Sally and Paul had arrived we started the real party. All of the kids were in the backyard either on the trampoline or in the pool. All of the adults were in the kitchen.

"So, how are you guys?" Katie asked me and Percy.

"We're okay. I just hope Zoe is going to be okay." Percy said looking at her outside.

She was on RJ's shoulders having a chicken fight with Charlie and Meredith in the pool. She looked so happy.

"Well, maybe nothing will happen today," Jason said.

"I don't know. Hey can someone call the kids in for cake?" I asked everyone.

"I'll get them," Calypso offered.

Once Calypso had rounded up all the kids we lit the candles and started singing.

"Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday dear-"

We were cut of by Zoe passing out and falling out of her chair. Charlie immediatly picked her up and took her upstairs. Percy, RJ, Meredith, Piper, Jason, and I all followed. Once Charlie set Zoe down in her bed we I started to realize how bad she looked. Her skin was pale and she was shaking slightly.

"Annabeth, look," Percy said. That's when I noticed the gray streak of hair growing.

"No no no, not this one not this one!" I said starting to cry.

"Stop, get it off of me," Zoe mumbled.

"What's the memory? What's happening?" RJ said panicking.

"She's having the memory of when Percy and I had to hold up the sky. She's feeling the weight of it right now," I said wishing I could take the weight off of my daughter's shoulders and onto my myself.

We sat there for what felt like hours but was only minutes. Finally the gray streak in Zoe's hair faded and Zoe started to wake up.

"Zoe, you okay?" Charlie asked.

"Tired." Zoe said sleepily shoving her face in the pillow.

"Oh thank the gods she's back." Charlie muttered. We all laughed.

"Mind if I help." A voice cut in. I turned to see Poseidon standing there.

"Dad?" Percy said in disbelief.

"I came to help my granddaughter. I didn't think she'd want to miss the rest of her 11th birthday. May I?" Poseidon said looking at me and Percy. I nodded my head. Poseidon walked over to Zoe and grabbed her hand. I watched the color slowly return to Zoe's skin and her eyes start to flutter open.

"Hey grandpa," Zoe said smiling at Poseidon, he smiled back at her.

"Here is the necklace Uncle Tyson made for you. Happy Birthday sweetheart" Poseidon said handing her a necklace with the most beautiful charm.

"Oh, and by the way, Hera sends the message that her blackouts will now occur even though it's not her 13th birthday." Then he was gone.

I cursed Hera under my breath before Zoe's eyes began to open.

"Mom, what happened?" Zoe said sitting up.

"You had a blackout sweetie." I said sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Mom, did that really happen?" Zoe said with wide eyes. I knew she meant the memory.

"Ya, it did," I said sadly thinking of it too. She nodded and looked down.

"Mom, is that the worse flashback I could have? I mean like is that the worse thing you and Dad ever went through?" Zoe asked hopefully. I turned and looked at Percy, Jason, and Piper and then at all the other faces in the doorway. Then I looked back at Zoe and at her innocent eyes that should never see what Percy and I did. I had expected her to see the wars and some of our most dangerous quests. There was one thing I didn't think of though.

Tartarus.

DUN DUN DUN *cue scary music*
heyyyyy guys. hope everyone reads our newest book The Legacies which is a sequel to this but in the kids POVs. We are so excited it's finally out! Sorry this story may not update as much because we are writing both but we love you guys and will try our very best! I love all the comments and votes! You guys rock love Ya❤️

Btw everyone, we are still gonna start publishing stories from this book even though technically (in The Legacies) camp is not over yet. We are a little behind on that story and we don't want to take that out on this one We will try to publish as soon as we can for the Legacies though!! Thanks for understanding ❤️❤️