Ch. 41 - We Go to Camp

Percy's POV

"Daddy why can't I go to camp?" Luke asked me while we sat together on the back porch eating eggs and bacon.

"Because Lukey Pukey you're too young," I answered honestly.

"But Daddy when am I old enough?" He whined.

"I don't know Luke, 7?" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Ok." he said taking a bite of his bacon. "Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"Is camp fun?"

"Yeah it's loads of fun. You'll love it."

"Daddy what if I'm not as brave or as good as you are?"

"Luke, that's nothing to worry about. We love you no matter what kind of demigod you are." I said patting his shoulder.

"Thanks Daddy," he said looking up at me.

Just then Annabeth yelled, "Percy! Luke! Are you ready?"

"Coming!" We yelled at the same time.

Zoe and Selena sat in the middle section of the car and Charlie and Luke sat in the back with the luggage. Today was the day we sent the kids off to camp again. It was Charlie's 7th year at camp, wow he's grown up. And it was Zoe's 4th year. It only took about 20 minutes to a half hour to get there and when we did the kids jumped out excitedly.

"We're here!" Zoe yelled. I grabbed all their suitcases from the back and we all walked down to Thalia's tree together. I didn't see Chiron, he must've been in the big house. Just then Meredith and Tristan and Ellie all came running toward us. The kids dropped their bags and ran down the hill. Zoe grabbed Ellie in big hug and then gave Tristan a big hug too. I couldn't help but smile as Charlie picked up Meredith and spun her around. Meredith giggled and then they gave each other a hug. I put my arm around Annabeth as we watched the kids.

"Well," Selena said. "I guess we'd better go bring them their stuff..."

Then Luke caught her eye and said, "yeah, yeah I guess we'd better..."

"That's ok," I said teasing them. "They can come get their stuff themselves."

Selena gave me "her look" and said, "No, Daddy, we should bring it to them."

"Yeah, let them have fun," Luke said.

"Oh ok fineeee. Lets go into camp and bring them their stuff," I said laughing. Selena and Luke cheered. I knew they really wanted to see camp. They had never really seen camp at an age that they could remember so I was happy to introduce them to Chiron and give them a look around. I picked up Charlie's and Zoe's bags and carried them down the hill with Selena and Luke running ahead of us. Annabeth yelled to them to go to the big house.

I threw the bags down in front of the big house because I knew they would see them there. Before Annabeth and I even walked in we heard Chiron say,

"Well if it isn't the Jackson twins themselves. Hello Selena, hello Luke."

"Hi Chiron," Selena said shyly.

"Are you really half horse or did Charlie lie to me?" I heard Luke ask.

"Yes sir I really am half horse. Your brother speaks the truth." Chiron answered.

"Wow!" Luke cried. At that moment Annabeth and I decided to walk in.

"Hello Chiron," Annabeth said. "I see you've met Selena and Luke."

"Hello Annabeth, Percy. Yes, yes I have. Your children are truly a joy."

Annabeth smiled at me. We must be doing something right, I thought.

"Actually Percy," Chiron began. "You arrived in perfect timing. We are having a sword fighting class for beginners in about 10 minutes but our teacher has become ill and now we have no one to teach the class. Would you mind taking over?"

"No of course, I'd love to," I said. Truth was I actually was really excited and so happy to teach younger kids sword fighting, but I may need to brush up on my skills. "I'm going to go warm up."

I walked out of the big house and to the sword arena. On my way I looked over and saw Charlie. Wait who did he have his arm around? I walked a little bit towards him to see Meredith with her head on his shoulder. My curiosity got the better of me and I went over and eavesdropped a little.

"I missed you Charlie," I heard Meredith say. "I hate only getting to see a fourth of the year."

"Me too Mere. But at least it makes the summer that much more special," Charlie said.

"I know, your right. This summer is gonna be awesome. You, me, Rj, Elle, Zoe. I can't wait!" Meredith laughed sitting up. Charlie laughed with her.

"I know! I love summer," Charlie sighed. "Hey Mere, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah Charlie, anything."

"Will you go to the 4th of July fireworks with me?" Charlie asked nervously.

"Aw Charlie I'd love too," Meredith answered smiling at him.

I have a little WOOT WOOT! forgetting that I was right behind them. I quick jumped behind a tree.

"Did you hear something?" Charlie asked standing up.

"You mean that weird cat call?" Meredith asked. "Charlie its nothing put back your sword!" Charlie slowly put away his sword. And sat back down with Meredith.

I guess hiding behind that tree was invading some nymph's property because just then the tree nymph yelled,

"Get out of my tree!" And then I was flying right toward Meredith and Charlie. I crashed into a bush behind them.

"Dad?" Charlie said staring right me.

"Mr. Jackson what are you doing in a bush?" Meredith asked.

"Uh oh it's nothing I mean I'm um....just going to sword arena," I quickly explained.

"Dad were you eavesdropping on us?" Charlie asked suspiciously.

"No, I mean yes, no, coming!" I yelled out to no body and ran off toward the arena.

I saw Charlie roll his eyes and Meredith just laughed.

After teaching the class I walked out to find Annabeth sitting with Selena and Luke.

"Ready Seaweed Brain?" She asked.

"Yep. Lets go!" I answered scooping up the twins and throwing them over my shoulder.

"Daddy! Let me go!" Selena giggled.

"Ahhhh Daddy!" Luke screamed and giggled too.

In the car Selena and Luke told us all about their camp adventures. Annabeth and I laughed remembering all those fun days at camp ourselves. Usually the two of them fell asleep in the car but not today. They were still chatting even when Annabeth and I put them down for their nap.

"Yeah Daddy I even got to play the lyre in the Apollo cabin!" Selena chirped with excitement.

"Well isn't that fun," I said holding back my laughter. "ok now it's time for your nap. You've had quite a big day! Goodnight sweetheart." I said kissing her cheek.

"Goodnight Daddy," she said her eyes already getting heavy.

I slipped out of the room and downstairs making myself and Annabeth a cup of coffee. I curled up on the sofa next to her and the rest of the night we just enjoyed the fact we only had to deal with 2 kids again this summer.

Hey guys, I hope you liked the chapter!! Please continue to comment and vote. I hope you guys are having an amazing summer. Love you all ❤️