Ch. 28 - Summer Camp

Annabeth's POV:

All I wanted to do was stay home with Charlie and Zoe and watch Finding Nemo. But no, today we were taking Charlie to spend the summer at camp. He was seven, same age I started going to camp.

Percy and Chiron thought it would be a good idea for him to learn about everything early considering he would probably have a difficult future.

We were currently in the car. Zoe and Charlie were watching some movie in the backseat and Percy and I were sitting in comfortable silence. Finally I saw Half-Blood Hill ahead.

"We are here" I said looking back at Charlie who was smiling like a maniac.

"Ready for camp bud?" Percy said getting out of the car and grabbing Charlie's bags.

"Yep, I'm going to be as smart as mom by the end of the summer" he said. I laughed and grabbed Zoe's hand as we all walked down the hill.

We saw Chiron coming up to us.

"Hello, Percy, Annabeth, and hello to you two little ones" Chiron said looking at Charlie and Zoe.

"Chiron, can I go see my cabin." Charlie said.

"Yes, come on I will show you all where he will be staying." Chiron said leading us to the group of cabins. We had decided that Charlie would stay in the Athena cabin and eventually he could move into Percy's cabin if he wanted. We didn't want a seven year old all by himself in a cabin.

Once we arrived at the Athena cabin and walked in, everyone turned and looked at us. I saw a few of my siblings I recognized and a few I didn't.

"Hello children, I'm sure you know Percy and Annabeth Jackson. These are their two children, Charlie and Zoe. Charlie will be staying here for the summer as I am sure you have been informed." Chiron said, all of the campers nodded.

I immediately recognized Bridget, one of my siblings who was now head counselor and I smiled at her. I remembered back to when she was just 6 and had runaway from home like me. I had taken a liking to her since we had so much in common. I remember her chubby face and short choppy blond hair that she cut herself. Now she was gorgeous with long blond straight hair and silver eyes. She walked over and gave me a hug and then turned to Charlie.

"Hi, I'm Bridget! I'm the current head counselor. Charlie you will be staying in your mom's old bunk which is closest to the counselor room, incase of emergency." She said saying the last thing more to me. Charlie nodded and followed her to the back of the cabin.

I saw the large metal door and keypad right across from Charlie's bunk. You see after the Giant War I redid a bunch of the cabins. Now the head counselor of each cabin had a private room that was locked with a keypad. The counselor could add people to the keypad or do whatever they wanted, but their room was kept separate. One of the perks of being counselor.

I walked back to Charlie's bunk to see him sitting on the bed with a camp T-shirt next to him and fiddling with a replica of Percy's old sword. (tyson made it for him).

"Hey sweetie, are you okay?" I said sitting next to him.

"Ya, I'm just worried that I won't be as good as you or dad." he said.

"Hey, you just have to be Charlie and don't worry you will always have Thalassas (A/N - name of sword; means sea) here with you." I said. He laughed a little and hugged me.

"Thanks mom." he said.

"don't forget to write." I said as me Percy, and Zoe were walking out.

"I will," he yelled then jumped up to give us all one final hug.

"I love you guys," he said. I may or may not have teared up a little there.

"We love you too," I said giving him a kiss and Percy ruffled his hair.

We left Camp and started to head home. Zoe fell asleep half way through the car ride.

"Wise girl, Ya ok?" Percy said looking at me in the passenger seat.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"You look sad."

"I am."

"So your not fine...?"

"Wooo you caught me! No I'm not fine. My baby is leaving for the summer and I'm worried. What if he decides to not come home?" I said thinking of the worst.

"I'm sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Of course Charlie isn't going to stay there all winter! I know this is hard for all of us since your so used to always having him right next to you, but just think how much fun he will have."

"Your right I guess." I mumbled.

"Did the daughter of Athena just admit she was wrong?! Point to Daddy!"

"I never said that! I said you were right I never admitted I was wrong!" I retorted.

"Nooooo that's the same thing. I was right! I was right! I was right!" He stared to sing.

I punched him. "shut up."

"I was right! I was right! I was right!"

I punched him again. "I said shut up!" I said playfully.

He punched me back which made me punch him which made him punch me and you get the point. We were still punching each other even after Percy pulled into a McDonalds for dinner. Then we ended up kissing in the front seats of the car.

"Mommy? Daddy? What are you doing?" Dang Zoe was awake through all that.

"Uhhhh it's called having fun, sweetheart. I punch her playfully, and she punches me playfully back." Percy quickly explained.

"No I got that part. I meant the last part where you were sucking each other's faces off." Zoe said oblivious.

"I was giving him CPR!" I said forgetting my 5 year old didn't know what kissing was. "From all the punches I gave him!"

"Oh ok. I hope your ok daddy."

We left it at that and went in to snack on cheeseburgers and fries.