Ch. 19 - A Surprise Baby Comes

(Percy's POV)

I woke with my arms around Annabeth.

"Good morning Sweetheart," I whispered giving her a kiss.

"Shut up," she grumbled. "today we're going baby shopping!" She remembered suddenly perking up a little, even though I knew it wouldn't last. She has been cranky ever since we hit month #7.5.

I helped her out of bed since her stomach was so big.

"Ughhhh I still have 3 more weeks," she groaned. "Stupid babies."

She waddled into her closet and came out wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt with her hair in a ponytail after not even brushing it.

"I don't even care anymore," she sassed me giving me a glare.

I knew better than to mess her so I just went out and made breakfast for everyone. Thalia was still sleeping. She had been staying with us for about 6 months and too be honest she was really trying to find a job. She had a couple oddball ones like a snowball stand and working at a restaurant but she wanted a real job. It was hard since she hadn't gone to school and had no Resume. I mean what do you say? Oh I have a PHD in fighting monsters?

"Come on Percy you're driving me crazy!" Beth yelled from the car. I grabbed Charlie and ran out the door.

We swung by my parents house to drop Charlie off. It was going to be a long day and we didn't need Charlie holding us up. We did this most days since we both work. Annabeth was going to quit though after this next baby was born.

"Awww Charlie Sweetheart!" He ran into Sally's arms.

"Hi Grammy!" He walked to the table where his usual muffin and glass of milk awaited him.

"hi Annabeth! Hi Percy! Come on in!" She said ushering us in. "There are muffins on the counter!"

"Hi Sally," Annabeth said struggling to be nice. "That's very nice of you but we really must go. It's going to be a long day."

"Oh dear I know I know. Now you two have fun together!" She smiled as we walked out.

We arrived at Babies R Us and I grabbed a cart.

"Sooooo lets see what we need," I said pulling out our list.

About 3 hours later we had about everything. I payed and loaded up the car while Beth walked behind me giving the orders. When I asked her why she wouldn't help she told me that there was management and labor.

"Why am I labor?" I had asked.

"Because I'm management." I just let it be.

Just as I was about to pull out of the parking lot my phone rang.

"Hello? This is Percy," I answered.

"Percy! it's Grover! Juniper is in labor right now come quick!"

"Dude you got married? congrats!"

"It's a long story! Just come quick!" He yelled.

"On it G-Man," I said speeding out.

"Whatever your up to just leave me out," Beth said falling asleep.

"Junipers in labor,"

Annabeth grinned but then went back to her grumpy self.

"Stop driving so slow then Ya idiot!"

Thank goodness I sped up because with Annabeth it took us 15 minutes to get from the car to the waiting room. A nurse ran over to us and said,

"Ma'am are you going in to labor?!"

"I wish," she grumbled.

"No actually we are here for a friend," I answered for her. "Underwood?"

"Right this way," she led us to the room.

"Thank you so much," i said to her before turning to Grover.

"Dude we got a lot to catch up on!" I gave him a man hug.

"Oh gods guys it's so great to see you two! Come on, wait till you see her!" He whispered excitedly leading us to Juniper and the baby.

"Hey Juniper!" Beth and I whispered each giving her a hug.

"Hey guys! Come here and meet Violet Bell Underwood," she was smiling from ear to ear.

"Awwww she's adorable," Annabeth cooed after picking her up from Juniper.

After talking with them for a while Grover told us they got married quickly while they were out helping the environment and Juniper started traveling and helping him and then he proposed to her. They were just coming to visit when Juniper knew the baby was coming. When Juniper knew the baby was coming they were in the city so they rushed to the nearest hospital and that's how they ended up here.

"You should come over soon!" Annabeth said happily. "Thalia's been staying with us after she quit the Hunters."

We planned a date and then left the two with their baby.

When we entered Sally and Paul's apartment the lights dimmed and Charlie stood there with a microphone.

"Welcome to Jacksons Baby Naming Contest! The competition where we decide baby names for babies!" He giggled after he finished his speech.

I laughed with Annabeth and we took a seat in the chairs in front of him.

The lights went up and Sally walked out.

"We decided to help you guys decide a name for the baby!"

She pulled out a piece of paper.

"Just throw out a name and we'll narrow it down."

"Uhhhhh Sophia Thalia for a girl, and Fredrick Poseidon for a boy," I said. Annabeth smiled at me after I picked her Dads name as my option.

"I say.... Zoe Thalia, I like Thalia, and William Chiron."

"Charlie?" Sally asked turning to him.

"For a girl...hmmmmm... Candy! And for a boy...uhhhhh... Hotdog!" He giggled.

"Candy and Hotdog! I think we found our winners!" We all laughed.

"I like Zoe Thalia for a girl..." I said.

"Me too. And I like Fredrick Poseidon or Chiron for a boy." Annabeth said.

"Well then we have our winners!" Sally said circling our answers.

I went over and scooped up Charlie.

"Your gonna have a baby sibling soon bud!" He clapped.

"Yayyy!"

"Thanks Sally, that was a really big help. I don't know if we could have done that without you," Annabeth said giving her a hug.

I gave my mom a hug too and then we went home.

"Sooooo...did we decide on Candy and Hotdog?" We heard a little voice say in the backseat. Annabeth and I just started cracking up.

"Yes Charlie, Candy and Hotdog will be your new brother and sister." I said turning back to him. He smiled and started singing "candy and hotdog candy and hotdog candy and hotdoggggg," to the tune of jingle bells.

We both smiled and Annabeth said,

"Oh brother. I can't believe we're gonna have another one."

Heyyyy again! Two updates in one day! I'm on a roll! Love Y'all 😘