Ch. 36 - 30th Birthday Party

Percy's POV:

I woke up that morning and ran downstairs to make Annabeth's birthday breakfast. As I started to make her favorite, chocolate waffles with powdered suger, I heard Charlie and Zoe barreling down the steps.

"Dad, can we take Mom her breakfast?" my 10 year old daughter said. She was in her PJ's still, which was just one of my old t-shirts but on her it touched the floor. Her black curly hair was in a ponytail and her grey eyes filled with excitement. Charlie was next to her (he was 12) he was wearing flannel pants and his Camp Half-Blood shirt.

"Ya Dad can we?" Charlie said.

"Sure." I said. I finished making Annabeth's breakfast and handed the plate to Charlie and Zoe. They carefully walked it upstairs to our room.

I went into the crying baby's room and changed their diapers. I wrapped them both up in a blanket and scooped them up one in each arm.

"Surprise Mommy." They both said handing her the plate and jumping on the bed. She smiled at them and winked at me.

"Happy Birthday Wise Girl." I said kissing her nose.

"Thank you, Seaweed Brain." she smiled.

"So, what do you want to do today?" I said.

"Well it's raining outside so let's have calm and relaxing...movie day!" she said. The kids screamed in excitement. Movie days were their favorite thing to do on rainy days.

After breakfast we ran downstairs to the basement (where the big screen was) and started to set up the usual fort. We grabbed every single pillow in the house along with every single blanket.

We all sat down with Zoe and Charlie in between us and the twins on both of our laps. Selena in mine and Luke in Annabeth's.

"Okay kids, which movie should we watch first?" I asked.

"Mom, you choose." Zoe said. Annabeth smiled and pondered for a moment. I knew what was coming it was one of her favorites...

"Let's watch The Lion King." she said smiling. I laughed a little and Charlie put the DVD in. So there we all sat watching one of our favorite movies and listening to the pitter patter of the rain outside. It was a perfect day for the Jackson family.

That Night...

"Percy are you sure they will be okay?" Annabeth said as we left from dropping the kids off at my mom's house.

"Honey, Charlie is about to be in 7th grade, Zoe is about to be a 5th grader, and my parents are fantastic with the babies. Sweetie they will be fine." I said as we got into the car and started driving to the restaurant.

Although the movie day was fun, I thought my wife deserved something fancier, so I was taking her to one of the nicest restaurants in the city.

Once we had arrived I walked around to the other side of the car to open Annabeth's door. I opened it and she got out. She was wearing a long black dress with black heels and she had her hair down and curly. She was wearing barely any make up because she didn't need it. I grabbed her hand and we walked in.

"Reservation for Jackson." I said to the hostess.

"Right this way." She led us to a private table out on the patio.

"The waiter will be here soon." she said, then left.

"Percy, you didn't have to do all this. I would have been fine with a night home with the kids," She said.

"Nonsense, you deserve more than this even," I said. I held her hand from across the table as we awaited the arrival of our waiter. He was French with once of those pointy mustaches that I thought only people in movies had.

"So Meester and Madame, what ceen I geet you tonight?" He asked pronouncing all his vowels with a long e.

"Oh I'll just take a water," Annabeth said.

"And I'll take the strawberry smoothie," I ordered.

"Ok, I'll be back een a minuute," he said leaving.

"A smoothie? Really?" Annabeth asked.

"What? I heard they're really good here," I said. She just laughed and rolled her at me.

We ordered the chef's special whatever that is and we we waited together for about 15 minutes talking about whatever we wanted too until our food arrived.

"You are truly perfect," I said to Annabeth as we finished our food.

"Nobody's perfect Percy." She said slightly blushing.

"Your supposed to be a daughter of Athena," I said. She looked confused.

"I am?" she said still confused.

"Aren't daughters of Athena super smart?" I asked grinning.

"Yes..." she replied.

"Then you, as a daughter of Athena, should be smart enough to know that you are the exception of that rule. You are perfect. Not one flaw, not a single one," I said. Now she was full on blushing.

"Not my stubbornness."

"I like to think of it as perseverance." I said.

"Not me always correcting you." she said.

"If you don't who will?" I said still grinning, she giggled at that one.

"Not my-"

"Annabeth you could name every flaw you THINK you have and I could give you a reason why it's a perfection," I said. Annabeth just shook her head smiling at me.

"You always had a way with words, Perce."

Well, maybe not always." I said.

After I payed the check we got out and walked along the streets to where our car was parked. As we walked I turned and stopped Annabeth stopping too.

"What is it?" she asked. I pulled a little box with a bow around it out of my pocket.

"It took me forever to think of a gift but I finally did." I said as I handed it to her.

"Percy, I thought I said no presents!" She said laughing.

"Nope, no arguing just open it." I said. She opened it and gasped. It was a gold locket. Inside was a picture of our first kiss (the underwater one).

"How did you get the picture?" she asked amazed.

"Aphrodite..." I said. She laughed.

"Did you see the engraving?" I asked. She looked down at the necklace and read it, My Angel.

"It's perfect." She said throwing her arms around my neck and kissing me.

It's moments like these when I know everything we've been through to get to this moment was totally worth it. Annabeth was worth it.

As she pulled away I whispered in her ear, "happy birthday beautiful. I love you."

"Aw, I love you too Percy."

Heyyyyyy hope you liked the Percabeth chapter! Remember to keep commenting and voting! Love yall! ❤️