Ch. 17 - The Gang has a Get Together

Annabeth's POV:

Today I woke up to the sound of Charlie laughing at Thalia because she was burning the pancakes. Thalia had been staying with us for almost three days now and it was great. Her and Charlie had been bonding. Artemis had made Charlie a little bow that Thalia would teach him how to use. Apparently Thalia left the Hunters on good terms. I still couldn't figure out the real reason why she left.

Anyway, I walked downstairs with my stomache about with my stomache being pretty large at 5 months and Percy right beside me. We walked into the kitchen to find Charlie sitting on the counter licking a spoon and covered in flower siling, and Thalia flipping pancakes on a pan next to him. They were both laughing then Charlie noticed us.

"Aunty Thalia your busted." he giggled.

"Hey kid, if I go down your going down with me." Thalia said looking at him. Charlie just smiled.

"No, Mommy and Daddy love me to much." he said. I laughed and walked over to him. I picked him up out of the pile of flour he was sitting in.

"Nooooo put me down!" He whined.

"Sorry, Annabeth. Charlie and I woke up and we were hungry so we made breakfast then we had a flour fight and then you came downstairs. Soooo....." Thalia said dragging out the o.

"It's fine Thals. I'm just happy you and Charlie get along so well." I said as I handed Charlie to Percy.

"Go give him a bath,"

"Why me?" He whined exactly like Charlie.

"Would you rather clean this mess up?"

He walked up the stairs without another word. Point Mama Ames!

After Breakfast....

I dragged Thalia to my closet. Aphrodite tried to make it big but I declined and stuck with my same old clothes. I do have quite a few nice dresses though that she forced me to take.

"Where are we going Annabeth?", she complained.

"Hey, we are having a party and I think I figured out why you really came home so I'm making sure you look hot. I mean we are still in our twenties so, whatever." I said looking around for something she could wear.

"So why did I really leave The Hunters?", she said sitting on the chair by my table in the center.

"you have a crush, I don't know who yet, but you have a crush on someone." I said then looked at her, she blushed.

"Who is it?" I said.

"Fine, I'll tell you. It's Nico" (sorry solangelo fans) she said smiling.

"Awwwwwweeeee" I said, "Okay I have the perfect dress for you."

I pulled out the black dress I wore to some gala for one of Percy or my events. It was black and ended mid-thigh. I was one shouldered and fitted.

"Go put this on while I find my dress." I shooed her out. I kept looking then I found the dress I bought for some other event. It was maroon, had three-quarter sleeves, reached mid-thigh, and floweed out form the waist. I put it on just as Thalia came back in.

"Good now I will do your hair." I said making her sit down. I did a waterall braid in her hair on one side and left her to do her own makeup while I did my own hair. I just cleaned up my curls and left it down.

"Percy don't forget to get Charlie ready." I screamed downstairs to where the boys were still watching T.V.

"Okay finished" I turned around and gasped Thalia looked beautiful.

"You look gorgeous." I said. She hugged me and mumbled a thanks.

We walked downstairs to find Percy and Charlie dressed and ready to go. The party we were going to was at this restaurant a demigod we all knew owned. It was pretty fancy. When we got there everyone was greeting Thalia and mingling. Then someone I hadn't seen in almost a year walked in with someone else.....It was Rachael and...some guy I didn't know.

"Rachael, what are you doing here?

"How have you been?

Who's the dude?", Only Leo would ask that. Eventually she pulled me aside and left the guy with Percy.

"Annabeth, I don't know what to do. When I heard you would be here I knew I had to talk to you," she said talking quickly.

"Rachael, who is that guy. I thought you were still at art school.", I said confused. Then she explained everything.

"I met this guy at school, and I promised myself I wouldn't get to close because I knew I would leave soon enough. His name is Aaron. We started dating and we got pretty serious. He proposed and I said yes. He is clear sighted and I have told him about me but Chiron doesn't know. Annabeth I'm scared. How can I be the oracle when He can't come into Camp?" she said freaking out.

"Okay first calm down. I'll pass the info along to everyone. Tomorrow you and me will drive down to Camp Half-Blood. Let's just enjoy tonight okay.", I said. She seemed to calm down.

After that we just had fun. We all met Aaron. He was a nice guy and seemed perfect for Rachael.

I was walking around trying to find Percy when I noticed Thalia and Nico flirting. I sprinted to Percy and grabbed his arm.

"Percy, Thalia and Nico are flirting. Thalia and Nico are flirting.", I said smacking his arm.

"Beth, Calm down, And wow never thought I would see that happened.", he said.

I laughed noticing that Thalia wasn't very good.

"Sooooo Nics, can I call you that?" I heard her say.

"No." he answered.

"Okkkkayyy. So Nico what's new in the Land-O-Death?"

"Land-O-Death?"

I didn't want to get involved and get stuck in the middle of Thals bad flirting so I just left.

The rest of the night was fun. We heard that Calypso might be pregnant again and I told everyone Percy and I were having another kid. It was a lot of fun to just relax with everyone again.

Around Charlie's bedtime Percy and I said our goodbyes and headed home. In the car Charlie asked us a question.

"Mommy, why is your tummy like a balloon?"

"Because you are going to be having a baby sister or brother in a few months." I answered.

"But why is your tummy so big?" He asked again.

"Because the baby is in my tummy sweetheart."

"Did you eat it?"

Percy laughed along with me.

"Hahahaha no Charlie, that's just where babies are born, ok?"

"When will the baby escape your tummy?"

"In about 6 months maybe," I answered suddenly realizing how close that was.

"Wow that's close," Percy said reading my mind.

"Yeah it is isn't it?" I said shocked.

When I turned back towards Charlie he was sound asleep.

"Did you eat it?" Percy said mimicking Charlie.

I slapped his arm. "Did Daddy?"

We both were cracking up as we walked into our house carrying our sleeping child.