Ch. 29 - We go Shopping For Babies

(Percy's POV)
I woke up with my arms around Annabeth. I peppered her face with kisses.

"Good morning," she mumbled.

"Good morning," I replied. I was about to snuggle back in when I looked over to the doorway. "dang..."

"What?" Annabeth asked starting to get up herself. Then she saw it. "dang..."

"Hi!" She squealed. There stood Zoe with her blankie in her hands and panda pillow pet in the other. I got her that btw.

We both knew what was coming next. Zoe ran to the bed and jumped on top of us. She snuggled into the covers all the way to the bottom. We heard her muffled voice say,

"Look I'm like a turtle in my shell!"

She then poked her head out from the other side of the blanket and turned on the Saturday morning Disney Jr. We watched 2 episodes of Sofia the First until I couldn't take it any longer and went to go make breakfast. I was making my coffee until I heard Zoe shout,

"I was a girl in a village doing alright then I became a princess overnight! Now I gotta figure out how to do it right! So much to learn and see! Up in the castle with my new family..."

Then I heard Annabeth say, "in a school that's just for royalty! A whole enchanted world is waiting for me!"

I laughed as I saw Zoe standing on the bed conducting Annabeth.

"I'm so excited to be Sofia the First!"

Then Charlie heard them and came walking down the stairs and climbed into our bed. I brought the muffins and Annabeth's coffee into our bed and we all ate and watched a third episode of Sofia the First.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today Annabeth and I were going with Thalia and Nico to adopt a baby. We weren't adopting a baby! But since Thalia was a hunter for 1 and a tree for awhile for 2 her age is kinda messed up. In other words, she couldn't have a baby. Sally and Paul came over to watch the kids and then we left. We arrived at the orphanage where Thalia wanted her child from. We walked in to find them already sitting there holding hands and talking to the lady that runs the place. We stood patiently until they were done. Well, Annabeth stood patiently.

"Hey guys," Thals said finally walking out. Annabeth gave her a hug and then we started following the lady to the bedrooms. It didn't really seem like Thalia or Nico to want a baby, but I guess they wanted to do it so who was I to judge. Before we got anywhere a tiny girl with long black hair and freckles walked up to us.

"Hi, I'm Bianca and I'm 4!" Nico and Thalia shared a look.

The lady rolled her eyes. "No Bianca now is not the time."

Thalia bent down on one knee. "Hey Bianca, I'm Thalia and this is my husband Nico."

"You got married!?" I blurted out and Annabeth kicked me in the shins.

"Yeah like a while ago stay with us," she said.

"Why wasn't I invited to the wedding?" I grumbled.

"Because they wanted a private wedding, got it?" She whispered.

"Anyways..." Thals said. "How would you like it if we adopted you?"

"Oh that'd be fun!" She said excitedly.

"Listen," the lady said. "I know you both seem like very nice people but I don't know if you want her."

"Why wouldn't we? She's wonderful!" Nico said giving the lady the look.

She told Bianca to leave and the girl reluctantly left. We followed the lady into her office again. She gestured for us to sit down.

"Here's the thing. Bianca has been through a lot. Her dad left her when she was a baby and her single mom has been raising her until she mysteriously disappeared as well. Her aunt brought her here telling us the kid is weird and she won't see her the half day and then she will pop up and not say anything. The poor dear's children were afraid of the child!" The lady said obviously on the aunt's side.

"Well maybe she just wasn't in a safe and secure home, have you thought of that?" Thalia snapped back.

"Not to mention that Bianca is diabetic." The woman said casually.

"That means nothing to us except it shows us she is stronger than we thought. We want her," Nico said handing over a check.

"Don't say I didn't warn you..," the lady said grabbing the money. "Bianca pack you stuff they..."

"I'm ready!" Bianca appeared from behind the door.

"What did I tell you about eves dropping you little brat?" The lady spat.

Thalia steered the girl away. "thank you Mrs. Lebron. Have a nice day."

Annabeth and I introduced ourselves to Bianca after we left the building.

The three of them seemed so happy. Annabeth and I left them and drove home.

"She is so adorable," Annabeth sighed.

"Yeah she is isn't she? I knew as soon as she walked up and said her name was Bianca they were going to adopt her." I replied.

"Yeah. She seems special. I like it," Annabeth said grabbing my hand as we walked in to our house. My parents were in there playing Scrabble with Charlie and Zoe. I guess when your kids are grandkids of Athena they like Scrabble...

"Mommy! Daddy!" They both jumped up to give us a hug.

"Hey guys! How was your day?" Annabeth asked picking up Zoe as I ruffled Charlie's messy blond hair.

"Well, we made blue cookies and played cards and finger painted and now we are playing Scrabble!" Zoe said excitedly. I turned to smile at Percy but instead of seeing him next to me I saw him standing at the counter with a cookie in each hand.

"What?" He asked his mouth full. I laughed and walked over to join the game.

Hey guys! Hope you liked the chapter! Remember to comment and vote and please give ideas about future chapters in the comments! Thanks, love ya'll❤️