Ch. 37 - Surprise!

(Annabeth's POV)

I heard a knock at the door as I was playing with Luke and Selena, who were already 2 years old. I put down the baby doll I was pretending to feed and walked to the door trying to cover the fact I hadn't slept in like 3 days because Luke had a cold and kept me up all night. I answered the door to see Piper standing there with a huge smile on her face and her hands open for a hug.

"Piper!"

"Annabeth!" She was about to pull me in for a hug and then took another look at me and put her arms down. I laughed and have her an air kiss.

"Sorry, Luke's been sick and I was just playing dolls. But anyways, why are you here?" I asked.

"Haha yeah I know the trouble. But actually I'm here because I have someone I want you to meet. Maeve!" She called to the car.

"Coming." A little voice said. A little girl appeared behind Piper. She was wearing a pink sundress and had her blonde hair in pig tails. She had bright blue eyes and freckles splattered all over her nose. She hid behind Pipers leg and waved at me slightly. She looked about three years old.

"Annabeth this Maeve. Our daughter." Piper said like she was waiting for me to freak out. On the inside I was, on the outside I kept a calm demeanor. I kneeled down in front of Maeve.

" Hello Maeve, why don't you come inside and make yourself comfortable?" I say. She nods and runs inside immediately finding Selena and Luke.

"Care to explain? I'm pretty sure you didn't get pregnant three years ago" I say to Piper as we both head to the kitchen looking for some privacy.

"Okay, so here is the story. Jason and I were walking around the city when we heard this quiet whimpering. I ran towards the sound and kind of ended up in an alley. That's where we found Maeve. she was crying and he leg was covered in blood. We were closer to Olympus than camp so we headed to the empire state building. Maeve was terrified. She kept mumbling about monsters. When we got to Olympus Apollo healed her and Aphrodite claimed her." My eyes widened as I gestured for Piper to continue.

"Aphrodite told us her parents had been killed and she needed a home. Jason and I immediately excepted. She was very shy at first and she opened up a little when she met Meredith. It's gotten better but she is still very shy." Piper finished.

"Wow, that is a lot to take in." I say. Piper nods. Then Maeve comes barreling in.

"Mommy, they have the Barbie dream house!" She says excitedly. I laugh.

"That's great sweetie." Piper says lifting Maeve up onto her lap.

"Hey everyone I'm home." Percy says as he walks in the door. Selena and Luke run towards him. Percy lifts both of them up and they giggle hysterically. Charlie and Zoe were at camp so it was just the four of us.

"Hey Annabeth, Piper." Percy says kissing me on the cheek.

"Hey Mr. Bossman." Piper says. Piper always makes fun of the facr Percy has his own company. She thinks it's funny how serious he takes it considering it's Percy were talking about. Then Percy looked over at Maeve.

"Hey sweetheart I'm Percy," he says gently. "Who are you may I ask."

"Hi. I'm Maeve," Maeve says becoming shy again.

"Hey Maeve. I love your name."

"Thanks."

"Uh Percy, this is Pipers daughter," I said casually standing up knowing what was coming next.

"But how did..." he began to ask.
I silenced him with a kiss and quickly whispered in his ear she was adopted and I'd explain later. He nodded and went to change.

" Ok Pipes what's the plan are you guys sleeping over?" I asked her.

"Well if that's ok with you..." she says hesitantly.

"Of course no problem! I'll start making dinner," I said grabbing the potatoes. "Percy can put some steaks on the grill."

"Great thanks so much Annabeth. I'll help with dinner."

Selena and Maeve cheered and ran off to go play again. Piper and I smiled at each other knowing they would be great friends.

Hey everybody! How many people are on summer break?? I am so I'll be sure to try to update as much possible. If you're not stay strong you're almost there!! And I'm super sorry for not updating I've been studying for exams but now I can update as much as you guys want! Love yall ❤️❤️