Ch. 32 - Double Digits

Annabeth's POV:

"But Percyyyyyyyy" I whined.

"Annabeth, sweetie, I love you but you have to get over it. He was going to turn ten eventually." Percy said to me as we walked to the bakery. His cake was going to be amazing.

"He's my baby Percy I don't want him to grow up." I pouted.

"Annabeth, think about it this way Piper and Jason are coming to visit." Percy said opening the bakery door. I walked up to the desk and grabbed Charlie's cake while Percy payed.

"I'm just saying aren't you even a little sad that Charlie isn't going to be our little boy anymore." I said as we walked back home.

"Annabeth, he is just turning ten he will still be our son. I can't say he is going to be our little boy forever because I'm like 6'5. he is bound to be tall." Percy said smiling. I smiled slightly. We arrived at the house and walked in to find Meredith squeezing the life out of Charlie, literally.

"Ya...I....Missed.....You.....Too....Meredith..." Charlie said. Meredith let go and Charlie took a deep breath and smiled. Then I was tackled with a bear hug.

"PIPER!!!!!"

"ANNABETH!!!!!!!"

"Man, they haven't squealed this loud since the Giant War." Percy and Jason covered their ears and Charlie covered Meredith's. i mentally awed at that.

"How is New Jersey?" I said after hugging Jason, Meredith, and Tristan.

"It's good." Piper said as the kids ran to the backyard.

"Well, now that your here you can help set up." I said laughing. Piper giggled and followed.

______________________________________________________________

At the Party

______________________________________________________________

"Happy Birthday dear Charlie, Happy Birthday to you." We all finished singing as Charlie blew out the candles.

"Okay, we can all eat cake during present-time." I said as everyone moved to the living room for presents. When I got there Charlie was sitting in-between RJ and Meredith. They really were the closest friends ever. Even though Meredith had moved they all Skype every night, all three of them. I thought it was adorable.

"Alright, from Athena first." I said handing Charlie his present. He opened it and gasped at what he saw.

"What is it bud?' Percy asked.

"It's a dagger." He said showing it to everyone. Half of us gasped, it was the dagger Luke gave to me. The one I lost in Tartarus, my mom had found it.

"It's beautiful sweetie." I said trying not to tear up. Percy kissed my head.

"Open the one form Posieden." Percy said. Charlie opened that one.

"Oh?" Charlie said.

"What is it squirt?" Percy asked leaning in.

"Poseidon got me a snow globe but it's filled with water and mermaids..." Charlie said and then began to laugh. Soon we were all laughing.

Charlie then grabbed the one Coach Hedge gave him.

"Sweet! Thanks Coach!" He said yelling through the megaphone that read simply, I am louder than you. Classic Coach Hedge.

"Ok Charlie open mine next." Meredith said. Charlie took the present from her and opened it. He looked at her in amazement.

"how-When-but." He stuttered.

"I found it by the beach after you went home." Meredith smiled.

"What is it?" I asked curious.

"Umm, we were at the beach one day and we were swimming, I gave Meredith a bubble to breathe don't worry, and we found this cave. When we got inside I found this really cool stone. I wanted to add it to my collection of underwater stuff. (Super creative name :) ) When we got back to shore we were messing around and I lost it. But I guess Meredith found it." Charlie finished explaining. I smiled at Meredith and she beamed with pride.

"Thanks again, Mere." Charlie said kissing Meredith on the cheek. Meredith blushed and Piper giggled. Jason handed Percy ten bucks.

"You bet on our childs Birthday party...?" I said to Percy.

"No....Just on the kiss." Percy said innocently.

__________________________________________________________________

After the Party

------------------------------------------------------

The time had come for us all to say goodbye.

"Call everyday or at least once a week." I said to Piper, then I hugged Tristan. I turned and saw Jason and Percy doing the 'bro hug'. Once the Graces all grabbed their bags they headed towards the front door.

"Wait, Charlie didn't come say goodbye." Meredith said frowning. Then we heard feet pounding towards the front door.

"Hold. On. One. Second. Need. To. Catch. My. Breath." Charlie said gasping for air. Once he had relaxed he turned to Meredith. We all subconsciously backed away to give them some "privacy".

"Here I made this for you yesterday." Charlie said handing a stone to Meredith. The one she gave him.

"No, Charlie this was your birthday present." She protested.

"Ya , but this way when your in New Jersey and you feel homesick you'll have it to help you feel better. I made it a charm so you could put it on you camp necklace." He said.

"thank you Charlie." She said hugging him once more before they left.

That night I heard Percy walk into Charlie's room to say goodnight.

"Hey dad."

"Ya Charlie?"

"How did you get Mom to like you."

"Honestly I can't figure it out myself"

"Do you think Meredith likes me"

"I think she does"

"Do think she and I will be like you and Mom some day"

"If you want a story like me and Mom's promise me one thing Charlie"

"ya dad"

"Don't wait as long as I did to tell her how you feel"

Anyone else feeling the love?? Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please continue to vote and comment. Thank you and love you guys!