6

I TURN OVER the page eagerly. The main character's are just about to have their first kiss and I'm trying to stop myself from grinning like an idiot. Nothing could possibly ever excite me more than an enemies to lovers arc when they don't kiss until the penultimate chapter. He leans up and brushes her hair out of her face. My heart begins racing for her. Ugh, what I would give to have this. My skin burning under the touch of someone. My heart racing when I simply see them. The boy leans into her and her heart flutters. She leans into the kiss and...

The page of my book is dampened, along with my entire face as I'm splashed. I look up from my once peaceful sun lounger, narrowing my eyes at the boys in the pool in front of me. Neki tackles James and they both dip underwater, and Parker swims the length of the pool, Jackson happily latched on to his back.

My eyes rest on Parker. His dark curls are wet and plastered against his forehead. I watch as he swims with ease, as if the small child on his back weighs nothing. His arms slice easily through the water, biceps tensing with every movement.

"Elena?"

My gaze snaps to Neki, who's leaning against the edge of the pool now. His brown skin is sparkling in the sun as he looks up at me. Gosh, he's beautiful.

"Hi, sorry." I sit up a little.

He studies my face a little, then smiles. A gorgeous smile.

"You seemed a little lost in thought." he says.

As I open my mouth to fumble a response, he pushes himself up out of the pool. Water falls down his chest and I clear my throat, taking my eyes away.

Neki walks over, perching on the end of my sun lounger.

"So," he sits back and I try my hardest to look anywhere but his body. "You got a boyfriend?"

My eyebrows raise at his boldness.

"No. I'm not interested." I blurt.

He chuckles a little, bringing a hand to his heart. "Ouch."

I wince. "No, gosh, sorry. I didn't meant it like that. I'm just not interested in dating. In general."

Neki nods slowly, keeping eye contact with me. I feel my cheeks heat up, and it's clearly noticeable, because he smiles.

"Blaine."

I turn around to see Parker stood over us. He looks between Neki and I briefly.

"Jack wants you to play whirlwind. He said we can't do it without you."

"Alright man." Neki turns to me, flashing another grin. "In a bit, gorgeous."

My mouth twists to the side and I try my hardest not to smile. He stands up, in one swift movement diving back in to the pool. I'm about to go back to reading, when I realise Parker is still stood over me.

"May I help you?" I look up at him.

It's the first time I've really looked at him, and my god he looks amazing. His torso is glistening, his v-line peeking out from the weight of his wet shorts. He pushes his hair back off his face and his muscles tense.

I feel my cheeks burning as I look into his eyes.

He sniffs, tearing his eyes away. "Stop."

"Stop what?" I scoff.

"Stop looking at me like that." Parker huffs, running his hand through his hair again as he turns, walking back toward the pool.

"What..." I screw my face up.

He was literally the one looking at me- you know what? Whatever. I pick up my book for what feels like the thousandth time, finally getting to read the part I've been waiting for. She leans into the kiss, their lips connect and...

This time my page isn't dampened, it's drenched. Along with the entirety of my body. My hair, face, my shirt and my jeans. Completely soaked. The pages of my book are stuck together, the ink blurred into nothing but splotches of... nothingness. I close my eyes, my chest burning with rage. Don't cry Elena.

I force my eyes open. Neki's lips are pressed together as he attempts not to laugh. James looks a little guilty. Jackson looks terrified, as if he's seen a ghost, and Parker... I can't really work out Parker's expression. He almost looks annoyed.

"Sorry Elena. The whirlwind was out of control." Neki winces.

I press my lips together, nodding as I shut my book. The pages slap together. I'm trying my hardest not to cry. I really liked this book. I place it on the lounger, flashing Jack a reassuring smile, before walking back into the house. Tears prick my eyes and I push them back. I'm not gonna cry over this. It's silly.

"Kinsley." I hear Parker from behind me, but I don't turn around.

"You're gonna track water through the house." I say, my voice a little hoarse.

"So are you." he suddenly appears beside me. "Come, I'll get you a change of clothes while we put yours in the dryer."

I'm a little taken back. This is the most he's spoken to me since we met. He looks back at me as he reaches near the top step.

"Hurry up before I change my mind." he adds

There he is. I walk up the stairs moderately quickly in fear of having to sit in wet jeans for the next couple hours, and I stop outside his room. He glances up at me as he searches through what looks like his t-shirt drawer.

"Come here." he mumbles, holding out a black shirt like the one he was wearing this morning.

I step into his room, taking it from his hands.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"Change into that while I find some pants that will fit you." he says bluntly, disappearing into his walk in closet. Oh to be rich.

I pull my long sleeve over my head, my wet hair cold against my back as it falls back down. I pull the black shirt on in replacement, instantly feeling a lot warmer. A pair of grey sweatpants fall onto the bed in front of me and I jump. Gosh, why does he move so quietly?

"Shut my door when you leave." he simply says, before walking out.

I'm about to call out a thank you, but the door clicks shut. Oh-kay.

Once I've changed, I go back downstairs. The sound of the water crashing in the pool has stopped. James and Neki are sat at the island, laughing at something on one of their phones. I look to the left to see Jacky on the sofa, one of those spider-man dress, hooded towel thingys draped over him as he eats a fruit snack.

I walk out into the back yard. Parker is on the sun lounger I was once on, laying back, a towel draped around his neck, his eyes closed, and AirPods in both ears. He looks so peaceful. I clear my throat, walking over. He doesn't open his eyes, so I lean down.

"Parker?" I say quietly.

He doesn't move. Did he die in the short time it took me to walk from his room to here? I mean, it would probably make my time at the Ashford's a lot easier.

"Parker." I say louder this time.

Still nothing. I roll my eyes, reaching out and placing a hand on his shoulder. His eyes finally open and he looks up at me. His eyes are so beautiful. He takes an earphone out.

"What?" he sighs.

"Where's the laundry room?" I stand up, my damp clothes in hand.

He sits up slowly, groaning. "Couldn't you have asked Jack?" he takes the second earphone out.

"Yeah, ask the 8 year old to help with my laundry." I retort.

Parker raises his brows a little. He stands up and I instantly feel small as he towers over me. He looks down at me with his eyes, not so much his head. I fight the urge to back down.

Then the corner of his mouth twitches up a little. And he holds out a hand.

I put my neatly folded clothes in his hand and he looks at me for a moment longer, before turning around and walking off into the house.