26

"YOU'VE GOT IT Jack." I walk backwards in the pool as he swims towards me, kicking froggy style with only armbands supporting him.

He shakes his head, a worried crease in his forehead.

"I'm gonna drown Elena." he huffs, a little out of breath as he keeps kicking.

My back hits the wall and I smile at him.

"No you aren't you're doing so well!" I gesture him forward.

He takes the last couple pushes, reaching out as I catch him in my arms.

"You did it Jackson Ashford! You swam the full length by yourself!" I pick him up, spinning us in the pool as he laughs excitedly.

"I did it!" he beams.

Jack and I have been in the pool since 8am when he told me he wanted to learn how to swim. It's now 12pm. Our fingers are wrinkly, my hair reeks of chlorine, Jack almost drowned twice, but every moment has been worth it to see the smile on his face right now.

"Did I just see little man Jay swimming on his own?"

Neki steps out, James and Parker close behind him, all in swim shorts.

Jackson turns to them proudly. "I'm not little anymore."

Parker smiles at him, then his eyes fall to me. Butterflies begin to pool in my stomach as I remember the last time we were together.

"Woo!"

My mind is pulled away when Neki jumps in, his cannon ball creating a splash the soaks both me and Jackson.

Jackson giggles. I'm glad he's finally becoming more comfortable with his head getting wet.

James jumps in afterwards, but Parker doesn't. He walks around to the side of the pool we're on, leaning down and sitting on the edge, his legs in the water.

"Kinsley," he announces as a greeting.

I turn to look up at him. "Ashford,"

He studies my face for a moment, a knowing smile on his lips, before turning to his brother. I feel my cheeks begin to burn.

"Hey little man, what's this about you learning to swim?" he slips down into the water beside us, picking him up as Jackson grins again.

"Elena taught me how to swim." he says.

Parker raises his eyebrows, his eyes flicking to me.

"I took a course in lifeguarding sophomore year." I elaborate, even tho he didn't ask.

"I remember."

My eyebrows pinch together in confusion and he smiles.

"I used to have swim practice every Thursday." he elaborates, even though I didn't ask.

Thursdays were the day I had training. Parker knew who I was?

I have no time to get lost in thought when Neki and James swim over to us. Both of their eyes are bloodshot and they're out of breath, which leads me to believe they were playing whirlwind.

"Hey mini Ash." Neki breathes, turning to me. "Hey Elena." he grins.

I roll my eyes, looking up to the sky as I shake my head. As I look back down at him, Neki squints his eyes, and then points to his own neck in reference to mine.

"Is that a hickey?"

My heart drops as the four words leave his mouth, and I freeze. I slap my hand over the spot that he's pointing to on his neck, glancing at Parker. The corner of his mouth twitches up.

Despite how subtle it is, they notice it, and I watch as their eyes go from me to Parker and back to me. Then Neki's jaw drops.

"You two are hooking up!" Neki yells.

"No we aren't." I lie quickly before turning my back.

I quickly pull myself up on the side of the pool and get out. The water sloshes behind me but I don't turn around, walking towards the back door that leads into my room. I go straight to the bathroom, inspecting the area that my hand has been covering. Surely enough, there's a red mark on the sweet spot just above my collar bone.

As I press my fingers against the spot, Parker appears in the mirror, leaning against the doorway.

"Has this been here the whole time?" I mumble, bringing my eyes back to my neck.

He walks up behind me and I can no longer focus as he wraps his arms around my waist, leaning down and brushing his lips against my cheek.

"Want another?" I feel him smile against me.

I laugh. "Asshole."

Even though my skin is cold from getting out of the pool without drying, it burns as he presses his body against mine.

I close my eyes as Parker brings his lips to my neck, kissing it softly, until I feel his teeth graze against my skin and my eyes open

"Seriously Parkboy," I pull his arms away from me, freeing myself. "No more."

As I begin to walk past him back into the room he takes my hand, pulling me back in and pushing the door shut behind me. My back hits the door as I look up at him. His pupils are dilated and he looks into my eyes, making me blush. His gaze is so intense it feels like he's seeing right through me.

Parker leans in to me, planting a soft kiss on the corner of my mouth, before finally bringing his lips to mine. I close my eyes, a moan slipping out of me as the tip of his tongue touches my own. He pulls me in even though our bodies are already pressed together, and I place my hands on his chest for support.

His hands slide down to my ass and he picks me up, spinning me around and setting me down on the counter. I don't know if the goosebumps on my arms are from the cold marble against my thighs or his hands gripping them while he presses himself between my legs. I whimper, moving forward against him as I push my fingers through his hair.

Parker's hands glide against my bare back, still damp from the pool. I open my mouth, struggling to even kiss him back, gasping for air. He takes my bottom lip between his teeth, pulling on it before sucking it gently. He sighs, as if he's in distress.

"Elena I need to stop." he breathes against my lips, our foreheads still pressed together.

"Why?" I whine.

"Because if you keep making noises like that I'm gonna fuck you right here against this counter."

His words make my heart jump and I bite my lip. I hate how much I want him to. I want him so bad it's beginning to hurt.

I slide down off the counter, holding on to Parker's arms to steady myself as I look up at him. On my tip-toes I kiss him on the cheek quickly, making him smile.

"You coming?" I look over my shoulder, pulling the bathroom door open.

He glances down and I follow his eyes to the bulge in his short.

I press my lips together, shaking my head as I step out. "Bye Ashford."

"Later, Kinsley."