20

ABOUT AN HOUR later, I managed to avoid any trace of alcohol, despite Bela trying to peer pressure me. I stood my ground, and said no. That was half an hour ago.

Now I'm six shots in, and currently playing beer pong. James and Neki are on a team, me and Bela on the other, and we're currently ruining them. It's our final cup, while they have 3 left. Maybe we're at an advantage since Neki is the only one drinking, which is making him a little too drunk to throw straight. James just sucks at throwing.

"Do you wanna do the honours?" Bela holds out a hand, grinning.

I take the ball from her with a smile. I let out a quick breath before I aim, counting down to one, and throwing it.

It goes straight into the final cup.

I jump into Bela's arms, throwing an arm up as the nearby watchers cheer. Neki downs the drink since James isn't drinking, and James shakes his head, clapping for us. As I bow, the imbalance making my blood rush to my head. I feel sick.

"I'll be back." I say into Bela's ear, pushing back the feeling in my throat.

I stumble through the crowd, making my way to the stairs and hauling myself up. The first three doors I push open are all full of people making out, some doing even more. I apologise as I close each one, finally making it to a door at the end with a toilet. I push it open, falling to my knees and instantly throwing up.

The feeling of being sick is one of the worst feelings ever. I spill my guts into the toilet, feeling like I'm gonna pass out. I'm not even sure when, but I feel my hair being pulled back and held behind me. As I finish, I sit back and wipe my mouth.

I open my eyes, instantly wishing I hadn't. Parker is sat on the edge of the bath tub, his arms resting on his legs as he looks down at me.

"Ugh, this is so unattractive." I groan, lolling my head back.

"How you feeling?" he studies my face.

"Embarrassed." I say truthfully.

He shakes his head, smiling.

"I'm taking you home Kinsley." he stands up, towering over me as he reaches down for me to grab his hands.

I take them, pulling myself up trying to gain balance. His grip lingers for a little while, before he drops my hands.

"Haven't you been drinking?" I frown.

He scrunches up his face. "No. I can't drink cause of training."

The confidence I've gained from the alcohol takes over me, and I rid all the consequentialist thoughts from my head.

Leaning forward, I take his face in my hands. He tenses briefly, before warming to my touch.

"I like your face." I say as I study it.

Parker smiles. "You're plastered."

I frown, shaking my head no.

"I'm taking you home." he takes my hand, leading me out of the bathroom.

"Are you hitting on me Ashford?" I smile, trying not to trip over my feet as we walk down the stairs.

"Stop talking Kinsley." he hums.

"I can't leave Bela." I tug at his hand lightly.

"James will take her home." he says.

As I scan the crowd quickly, I spot her amongst the crowd. She's dancing, her head leant back, her arms strewn over her head, and latched behind Neki's. His face is buried in her neck, his hands on her waist as their hips sway to the music.