9

ITS BEEN EIGHT hours. In those hours, Bel and I have talked, been to the mall, got food and dessert, went shopping, talked some more and rewatched the first two Twilight movies. Now, it's 6 in the afternoon and officially time to start getting ready.

"Hair up, or down?" I say to her as I pull my damp hair up in the mirror.

"Hmm, definitely up. Are you gonna wear cute matching underwear?"

I choke on absolutely nothing. "Why does that matter?"

"In case you wanna have hot 'hate' sex with Parker. Duh."

"No! No one is having sex." I stand up from my vanity. "But yes, I am."

Bel holds up one of my red lace sets and I give her an approving nod. She throws it to me and I catch it, chucking it on the bed. I tighten my towel under my armpit a little, sitting back down on my vanity and taking my makeup bag from the drawer.

About half an hour later, I turn to Bel, who's lying on my bed on her phone. She doesn't look up so I clear my throat. Her eyes flick up, back down to her phone briefly, and then back up to me. She sits up, mouth gaping.

"Holy shit, you look hot as fuck E!" she whisper-shouts.

"Thank you, thank you." I bow.

"Okay, you get dressed, i'll start the car." she jumps up, making her way over to the door.

"You aren't driving my car Bel-" I call after her, but she's already gone.

I laugh, shaking my head as I stand up and take my dress out the closet. This is the only dress I had that screamed 'cocktail party'.

"Hurry up!" Bel yells out the car window as I struggle over in these little silver pumps I wore to my aunts wedding last year

"Hurry up!" Bel yells out the car window as I struggle over in these little silver pumps I wore to my aunts wedding last year. They haven't left the box since then, but I thought these would be a better option than my beat up converse that look like i've been kicking dirt.

I shiver as I get in the passenger seat. It's unacceptably cold, but I also lack a 'cocktail party' jacket too.

"Im assuming this is the address since it's the only place on your gps on the north side." she gestures to the location on the little screen in my car.

I nod. "You know you're gonna have to bring my car back, right?"

"Yes, Mom, I know." Bel rolls her eyes as she pulls away from the curb. "I'll bring it back after I drop you off."

Fifteen minutes later, we reach the Ashford's. The house is lit up, the soft sound of classical music escaping from any open window.

People in suits and pretty dresses are walking up and down the driveway, standing in groups and talking, lingering in the doorway.