22

IT'S ALMOST 8AM in Hawaii by the time we reach the resort. The Ashfords own like this whole family villa, which no doubt cost a shit load. I don't know why, but I feel really good. I slept comfortably on the journey, for at least 2 and a half hours. And I spoke with Parker. Like, really spoke to him. I've learnt more about him in 2 hours than I have in the 4 years we've gone to school together. It's like a barrier he had up between us just crumbled, and he let me in. I liked it so much more that I'd ever like to admit.

The journey from the airport to the resort wasn't that long, and there were people waiting at the entrance to bring our luggage inside. The time difference is strange, I feel much more awake that I should considering it's not even eight yet.

Sluggishly, I push the door of my room open, and my jaw almost physically drops.

"Ho-ly shit

"Ho-ly shit." I breathe, dropping my backpack at my feet as I walk further in.

The breeze is warm outside. I notice a couple more doors to the left of me when I step out, which must mean that each bedroom leads out into the back yard. It's beautiful.

The door knocks, bringing my attention back inside. I pull the door open and a short man looks back at me.

"Miss Elena?" he asks.

"Just Elena." I offer him a smile, but he doesn't look amused.

He reaches to the side, pulling a trolley with a couple suitcases and duffle bags on it. I notice mine at the front. Picking it up, he places it at my feet, before taking his trolley and walking away. I press my lips together, pulling my suitcase into the room and closing the door.

Margot said we'd meet at 9 for breakfast, so that leaves me an hour to take a shower, change out of these clothes and maybe even get some unpacking done.

I turn the water to cold as I step in, moving under and letting it run through my hair to my feet. After a couple seconds I turn it back to warm, washing my body and hair after. Once I'm dressed in these little levi shorts and a white vest top, I tie my wet hair up in to a ponytail, letting it drip down my back.

About half an hour, I've finished unpacking the most part of my suitcase while leaving some of the less important things in there. There's a gentle knock on the door.

"It's open!" I call as I zip up my bag.

The door cracks open, James poking his head around it.

"Hi." I smile, a little breathless.

"Hey." he smiles back. "Breakfast is ready."

"Okay, I'll be just a sec."

He closes the door behind him. I pull on some white socks, followed by my Birkenstocks and a white fitted t-shirt over my vest. There's a medium loud bustle in the kitchen as I turn the corner, everyone helping themselves to food from the several dishes on the island.