Goodbye

You stood in a cemetery in front of a series of headstones looking down, Barely holding back your tears. You then lifted your head to look out on your 'home' or what was left of it, You were angry at what you saw and thought 'how could it come to this?' after all this was a world of heroes and yes 'was' is the right word as this hellscape.

 You then lifted your head to look out on your 'home' or what was left of it, You were angry at what you saw and thought 'how could it come to this?' after all this was a world of heroes and yes 'was' is the right word as this hellscape

Can hardly be called a world of heroes now. As far as you knew you were the last, you had no contact for months with any others, But going back to your earlier thought you knew what was to blame 'Power'. Unchecked and out of control power, the heroes of this world had tried to keep it in check. And for a time it was working but more and more wanted to use their power for their own selfish desires.

And now You found yourself in this situation standing in-front of the graves of all you held dear Grandparents, Parents, Aunt's and Uncles. What you would give to just go back and change this fate but not even you had that kind of power.

You brought your hands to Your chest and knelt down in prayer, One last prayer for your lost family but not for this world. It is beyond saving and can rot for all you care.

"Well i think it's time, I carry a piece of you all with me and i swear i'll use it wisely" you spoke softly before standing and looking out one last time at the city.

You then turned and walked away activating the one power you never thought you would use.

"Dimension Door" 

The door opened and all you could see was a swirling vortex and for a moment you were afraid of where you could end up but what could be worse than this ?

You looked at the graves one last time and stepped towards the door whispering one last word as you left.

"Goodbye"